Insurance

Geeesammy

Looking to insure my Supra within the next week and would like my part costs to be covered at a minimum. Has anyone ever had any luck with agreed value through someone lile american family?

The car itself isn't worth much, but as I said I would like the parts (engine, ecu, turbo, etc.) Covered in the event of theft or total loss.

As bonus points also looking for a company to ensure Hpde's as well. I know it's kind of a vague post but not much else to say. Full coverage would be a waste in my eyes. A friend with a little more in mods than me had an agreed value of $30k ish through Haggerty and they want $130ish/mo.

HPDE stuff is separate unless you go with lockton affinity I believe. No primary insurance will cover this. Look up on-track insurance for quote based on your degree of value coverage.

I have agreed value thru Grange on my supra. full coverage, towing , rental and No restrictions for usage unlike Haggerty and Grundy.

Call your local grange rep or I suggest McFall insurance in Kettering, OH. That's who I work with on all my insurance coverage.

Nobody covers HPDE/track activities anymore on your standard policy. You either self-insure (eat the loss) or pay for event specific insurance which can be a bit pricey.

Specialty insurers as noted will do agreed value coverage.

Every time I have gotten quotes from Hagerty or Grundy I just couldn't justify the price. It wasn't until recently they even gave me the opportunity to buy their insurance, and while agreed value is great it would've cost me more then what I'm paying for liability and comprehensive on the Camaro and Corvette through Progressive. I realize it's an apples to oranges comparison, but money is money. I'm not the greatest driver the way insurance looks at me so it's likely that plays a big role in their quote. I also wouldn't be surprised if they wouldn't even offer their service to you based on age.

Shitty about HPDE stuff.

Haggerty wants $2200/yr which is lolzy given the limitations.

I'm gonna price out agreed value on it through a few insurers listed here and just shop around. Didn't think covering something that gets driven less than 2,000 miles per year would be this expensive considering it sits in locked storage. I'd pay more for haggerty than my truck. Insanity.

Shitty about HPDE stuff.

I'm gonna price out agreed value on it through a few insurers listed here and just shop around. Didn't think covering something that gets driven less than 2,000 miles per year would be this expensive considering it sits in locked storage. I'd pay more for haggerty than my truck. Insanity.

If you think the buying is bad, wait until you have to file a claim and expect to get pay.

Shitty about HPDE stuff.

Look up other companies like I suggested. I pay ~ $1200/yr on the supra with an agreed value at $75K with the no mileage restriction either. Be also cautious with the speciality of Hagerty and Grundy as they restrict you to be in route to a car show or other event for coverage. Driving to and from work or doing any non-car event related events deem to be not covered in the event of a loss.