Ford PATS key?

vonrottes

I know how GM VATS works, its really simple, and apparently ford used transponders in the key...

So I have question, my sister has a 2002 Mercury cougar, when my house got broke into on the 15th among the stupid things they took, was my sister only car key.. Without the programmed key, how the hell do we replace the ignition switch/key?

Dealership, or capable locksmith, has to re-program a new transponder key. That means either a house call or a tow, unfortunately.

If you have 2 transponder keys already, you can program all the extras you want at home. But if you have only one (or none) you have to take it to the pros.

Dealership, or capable locksmith, has to re-program a new transponder key. That means either a house call or a tow, unfortunately.

If you have 2 transponder keys already, you can program all the extras you want at home. But if you have only one (or none) you have to take it to the pros.

Gotcha, that's what I thought.

Thanks

I have a ford IDS and can program the keys, but the would need cut first

Awesome! I can probably get the ignition switch drilled out and replaced myself.

I just don't have any real knowledge on the ford programming side of things.

I'll talk to my sister and see what she wants to do, and if she wants to replace the ignition with new keys or just get a new key cut I'll definitely message you, if you don't mind

Awesome! I can probably get the ignition switch drilled out and replaced myself.

I just don't have any real knowledge on the ford programming side of things.

I'll talk to my sister and see what she wants to do, and if she wants to replace the ignition with new keys or just get a new key cut I'll definitely message you, if you don't mind

The dealer can cut the keys from the VIN, no need to drill anything out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while street racing

The dealer can cut the keys from the VIN, no need to drill anything out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while street racing

👍👍👍 Spaced on that, yeah forgot once the new key is programmed the old key won't work to start the car.