Chevy Silverado Wheel Question

indy82z

My father in law has a 2003 Silverado, two wheel drive. His stock steel wheels are starting to rust and he asked me to see if I could find some different ones. I was able to locate some new take offs from a 2016 Silverado (both 6 lug). I know the bolt pattern seems to be the same (from online searching 6x5.5) but would the back spacing be different between a 4 wheel drive and his two wheel drive truck? I am just looking for some verification that they will fit before we pick them up. They are a bit of a drive and I don't want to make the drive for nothing.

Thanks in advance

Tom

Not quite different in specs. The wheels throughout the GMT800 to the K2xx generations have about the same specs; even between 2wd and 4wd. In order to confirm, check out the numbers stamped/embossed on the back of the wheels.

I have a set of 20" HRE wheels with tires that I'm going to sell for cheap, maybe he would be interested.

Not quite different in specs. The wheels throughout the GMT800 to the K2xx generations have about the same specs; even between 2wd and 4wd. In order to confirm, check out the numbers stamped/embossed on the back of the wheels.

I have a set of 20" HRE wheels with tires that I'm going to sell for cheap, maybe he would be interested.

I am not sure he wants 20" but can you post pics and give me more details?

Thanks

Tom

HRE 546 sized 20x9.5 ET30, finish is polished. They're in good mechanical condition with cosmetic flaws. Tires are 275/55/20 GT Radial Champiro 528 with over half tread depth and uniform wear pattern.

I'll get some photos of them later. The wheels are located in Westerville/New Albany area.

My father in law has a 2003 Silverado, two wheel drive. His stock steel wheels are starting to rust and he asked me to see if I could find some different ones. I was able to locate some new take offs from a 2016 Silverado (both 6 lug). I know the bolt pattern seems to be the same (from online searching 6x5.5) but would the back spacing be different between a 4 wheel drive and his two wheel drive truck? I am just looking for some verification that they will fit before we pick them up. They are a bit of a drive and I don't want to make the drive for nothing.

Thanks in advance

Tom

Are you sure the bolt patterns are the same? They changed them just a little in the HD's so that 15 and newer you couldnt use older wheels. Also be careful with "take-offs" If they are the plain steal wheel "take-offs" they are not DOT rated and only recommended for use while transporting the vehicles.

Are you sure the bolt patterns are the same? They changed them just a little in the HD's so that 15 and newer you couldnt use older wheels. Also be careful with "take-offs" If they are the plain steal wheel "take-offs" they are not DOT rated and only recommended for use while transporting the vehicles.

I never knew about these transit wheels. Pretty cool. Apparently they are DOT rated, just not "GM rated"

http://www.gmfullsize.com/threads/22-gm-transit-smoothie-dogdish-nbs-wheels.293015/

I never knew about these transit wheels. Pretty cool. Apparently they are DOT rated, just not "GM rated"

http://www.gmfullsize.com/threads/22-gm-transit-smoothie-dogdish-nbs-wheels.293015/

Maybe, this is the label they put on them

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/magickei16/20170802_082123_HDR.jpg

I'm surprised anyone can get a hold of them. GM puts $1500 core on them

Maybe, this is the label they put on them

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/magickei16/20170802_082123_HDR.jpg

I'm surprised anyone can get a hold of them. GM puts $1500 core on them

Reading that thread, that is just a big CYA for GM since they are 'aftermarket' wheels essentially.

Also they note the core charge was just in the beginning and they now are supposed to ruin them in shop.

Anywho, sorry for derailing the thread :p

The wheels he is looking at are off a 2016 Z71 and not one of the HD's. He bought the truck and immediately added a lift kit to it and replaced the wheels and tires.

Here is a link to a someone online selling the same rims

http://www.hubcaphaven.com/p/10765/aly5647u10-chevy-silverado-1500-wheel-silver-machined-20937771.html

HRE 546 sized 20x9.5 ET30, finish is polished. They're in good mechanical condition with cosmetic flaws. Tires are 275/55/20 GT Radial Champiro 528 with over half tread depth and uniform wear pattern.

I'll get some photos of them later. The wheels are located in Westerville/New Albany area.

Sounds good. Also let me know what you are asking for them and I can pass on the info.