Car show to benefit career tech high school students

Richard Cranium

We've kicked around the idea for years of holding a car show as a fund raiser for our student organizations. We finally pulled the trigger on it and we're going to make it happen. Since I'm in a student leadership position and I'm a car guy I got handed the opportunity to make this happen. We have a small group within the school working with me on this. We're planning on this being an annual event.

We're running the organization of the show through a service called Car Show Pro. The site for the show is:

https://carshowpro.com/event/123

Pre registration is up as of this afternoon. The details are on that site. There is also a facebook event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1232478353546689/

The date for the show is October 7th, so we're definitely behind on setup, but we're making progress. We're looking for sponsors, judges, volunteers, etc.... We should have a legit web page up for the show soon.

We're trying to keep things simple this first year. $100 to be a show sponsor, logo on the promotional materials and recognition at the show. As a perk, a sponsor can set up a tent/booth at the show if they would like. We're also looking for donations to be used as raffle prizes or even silent auction items. If anyone is interested in being a sponsor or volunteering please let me know and I'll put you on the list. Show classes will be:

Trucks

Modern Muscle Cars

Vintage Muscle Cars

Sport Bikes (Motorcycles)

Cruisers (Motorcycles)

Vintage Motorcycles

Rad Rod Cars

Tuners (modified import cars)

Cars 1949 and earlier

Cars from the 1950s

Cars from the 1960s

Cars from the 1970s

Cars from the 1980s

Cars from the 1990s

Modern European Cars

Vintage European Cars

Modern non-European import Cars

Vintage non-European import Cars

Student (Tolles registered students)

Awards will also be given for the best project car, best represented club, peoples choice, etc... I'm sure we're missing some classes, but we're anticipating this will be a smallish show to start, so we don't want to spend huge on trophies right off the bat. We'll also be giving plaques as well as trophies.

Is there a way to sign up to be a volunteer?

Not through that site. I'll manage the judges and organization staff through that site, but probably won't be sorting out assignments until a little closer to the event. If you're interested in being a judge then message me your contact info and I'll get in contact once we get staffing sorted out. Thanks!

Rick, are you the POC for this or just putting it out there? I can talk to my guy who covers that area and might be able to get a military truck there and give out some things. LMK

Yep, this is has become my baby. They already reached out to us and are going to be a show sponsor and bring out some gear.

No restrictions on selling at vendor booths? I can talk to Farkas and see if we are able to set up.

I'm friends with one of the auto teachers at Tolle's, Brian Parks.

I can also talk to the GM's at our dealerships and see if they are interested in doing something. Young techs are what we are always looking for. Unless you already have support from other dealers.

No restrictions on selling at vendor booths? I can talk to Farkas and see if we are able to set up.

I'm friends with one of the auto teachers at Tolle's, Brian Parks.

I can also talk to the GM's at our dealerships and see if they are interested in doing something. Young techs are what we are always looking for. Unless you already have support from other dealers.

I don't have a problem if you want to sell out of your booth, as long as it doesn't interfere with the show's profits, or violates some board policy. Brian is a good friend of mine as well. As of right now I don't think we have any dealers on board. The more the merrier as long as it brings in more money for the kids.

Things are starting to come together. So far we have Lucore, Rock Auto, and the US Army on board as sponsors.

We'll continue to take offers of cash or product (that we can raffle off) for sponsorship. Very soon I'm going to come looking for people to be judges. As of right now the qualifications I am looking for in a judge is a pulse and a smart phone. I'm only partially kidding, but if it gets bad, then the pulse requirement will probably become negotiable. Judging will be done on smart phones, so that one is a requirement.

Things are starting to come together. So far we have Lucore, Rock Auto, and the US Army on board as sponsors.

We'll continue to take offers of cash or product (that we can raffle off) for sponsorship. Very soon I'm going to come looking for people to be judges. As of right now the qualifications I am looking for in a judge is a pulse and a smart phone. I'm only partially kidding, but if it gets bad, then the pulse requirement will probably become negotiable. Judging will be done on smart phones, so that one is a requirement.

Damnit..so my 2004 Motorola Razr won't work? :no:

Always happy to help out, we actually have a pretty good relationship with that schools Auto Tech program anyways. We'll be bringing the '65 C-10 Work Truck and likely at least 1 Pontiac, since there's a "Project Car" trophy might bring something else that should be rather torn apart by the time of the show waiting on its new monster heart.

Cool! Happy to have you as a sponsor! I'll PM you my contact info.

Can you PM me your information? I have one of the guys at our Columbus office that wants to get in contact with you on sponsoring and supporting the show.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, time to iron out the volunteer list. If anyone is willing to donate time to help out that would be awesome! The big list is I am in need to judges. 15 to 20 adults total. Judging experience preferred, but not required.

Judges meeting at 10:30, plan is to start judging at 11:00. You can have a car in the show, you just cannot judge that class. I'm planning on judging being done by 1:30-2:00

If you are not interested in judging, but still want to help out let me know. I'm sure we can find a spot for you. If you have a skill that you think would be of benefit please let me know and I'll try to place you where we can make use of that.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, I'm finally getting my judges lined up. I know it's late. PM me your information if you are interested. Judges meeting about 10:00ish, start judging around 11:00 finished by 1:00 is the goal. You will need to create an account on the http://www.carshowpro.com website. All judging scores and sheets will be handled through that site, no paper form needed. We will use smart phones to enter all the scores. There will be a QR code on the dash cards you can scan to judge each car. Hopefully it should go smoothly. Let me know if you are interested. BTW OSU game starts at 3:30 that day, so hopefully you'll be long done before game time. October 7th.