Long Range Shooting this weekend

Diamonds

:megusta:

Been out with my dad and his .308 savage to rabbit but I believe that Range is only good for like 350-400?? I usually work weekends now or have weddings but have days off during the week I can go with my new job so it makes it a little easier if the weather can cooperate

Been out with my dad and his .308 savage to rabbit but I believe that Range is only good for like 350-400?? I usually work weekends now or have weddings but have days off during the week I can go with my new job so it makes it a little easier if the weather can cooperate

I've never been to either range. Just on private prop. I think my longest confirmed target hit is around 250-300. I'd also like to test my "skills" further.

Briar rabbit is now 540y.

What guns are you shooting now, Bob?

I wanted to break-in a new 6.5mm gas gun I bought (PWS mk220) and see how accurate it was. At 500/600 it was really impressive compared to the stigma that has guns have regarding accuracy. Was consistently nailing a 6x7 (10 for 10) at 500 yards (which I expect most gas guns to not go 10/10). 6x7 may seem large, but it was the 2nd smallest target out there out of 7 choices. I managed to go 50% on the 4x6 too (smallest). I also brought the Cheytac out to play. But it's such a waste of ammo at anything under a G.

Rick was shooting my 6.5 RPR. I was thoroughly impressed with his shooting!

I wanted to break-in a new 6.5mm gas gun I bought (PWS mk220) and see how accurate it was. At 500/600 it was really impressive compared to the stigma that has guns have regarding accuracy. Was consistently nailing a 6x7 (10 for 10) at 500 yards (which I expect most gas guns to not go 10/10). 6x7 may seem large, but it was the 2nd smallest target out there out of 7 choices. I managed to go 50% on the 4x6 too (smallest). I also brought the Cheytac out to play. But it's such a waste of ammo at anything under a G.

Rick was shooting my 6.5 RPR. I was thoroughly impressed with his shooting!

I need another hobby like I need a hole in the head. But I have to admit, I had more fun with that rifle than I have had shooting in a long time. It wasn't long after I got home that I started looking up pricing for an RPR, and looking up the value on my Arsenal AK wondering how much additional cash it would cost me to swap it out for an RPR. I can't believe I'm even thinking about it to be honest.

I need another hobby like I need a hole in the head. But I have to admit, I had more fun with that rifle than I have had shooting in a long time. It wasn't long after I got home that I started looking up pricing for an RPR, and looking up the value on my Arsenal AK wondering how much additional cash it would cost me to swap it out for an RPR. I can't believe I'm even thinking about it to be honest.

RPR is about 1100-1200. An Arsenal us about the same?

Then you need glass/mount/bipod.

Edit- look at this deal. It's an RPR contender.

https://gun.deals/product/savage-22632-model-10-ashbury-precision-65-creedmoor-24-bolt-action-rifle-threaded-barrel-99?mobile=true

Sounds fun, timing was bad for me, would have loved to come out, I have a .310 WinMag rifle, glass ,bi-pod, and 80 rounds my Dad left me. I have never shot it and have no clue how to use the glass. I saw him shoot it in AZ once, but that's it.

I can help! What glass?

Holy hell this forum has a gun section! I'll be spending more time in here than the car stuff lol. What's this range about? I do all my shooting in the back yard or at a buddy's house. Never been out there before. What's the attitude like? Range Nazis or laid back? Super busy?

Holy hell this forum has a gun section! I'll be spending more time in here than the car stuff lol. What's this range about? I do all my shooting in the back yard or at a buddy's house. Never been out there before. What's the attitude like? Range Nazis or laid back? Super busy?

:lol:

One of the better sections. Join the CR Gun crew and never look back. We have instructors, vets, and some very knowledgeable folks here.

I too tend to shoot on fam property, but I'll tell you this: if Bob offers and you can, go. Doesn't matter what the offer is.

We were at Rayners. Based on my extensive experience being out there only once... Seems like a cool place. It was pretty dead that day because of the weather. I did some driving around the place trying to find where everyone was. I saw some cool little pistol ranges. Looked like a 100 yard range, and even stumbled on the 1000 yard range up top. Everyone was at the 600 yard range with a tent city thing going on. Didn't see a range safety officer the entire time I was there, but nobody was doing anything really stupid anyhow (that I noticed). It was a great time and I'd happily go back despite the drive. It's in the middle of nowhere. Drive to Zanesville, head SE until you hear banjos.

That sounds awesome! Ive done a lot of shooting, but never at a verified 1000yards. I'm pretty efficient with a pistol, more than efficient with an AR/AK/Hk at intermediate range. Never tried at extended range. And my shotgunning is horrible lol. Sounds like great fun!

• 2 weeks later...
We were at Rayners. Based on my extensive experience being out there only once... Seems like a cool place. It was pretty dead that day because of the weather. I did some driving around the place trying to find where everyone was. I saw some cool little pistol ranges. Looked like a 100 yard range, and even stumbled on the 1000 yard range up top. Everyone was at the 600 yard range with a tent city thing going on. Didn't see a range safety officer the entire time I was there, but nobody was doing anything really stupid anyhow (that I noticed). It was a great time and I'd happily go back despite the drive. It's in the middle of nowhere. Drive to Zanesville, head SE until you hear banjos.

Whats a "range safety officer"? Anywhere worth a damn shooting is at your own risk.