'97 4runner DD/budget truck build.

cstmg8

Not a lot to report lately, just driving it. It's done well, made a couple trips to Athens and the tires are well behaved on the road.

I got the 1" body lift on, but haven't raised the front bumper yet. I was debating on just leaving it until the new bumper comes, but I'll probably drill it this weekend. I also ran an amp install kit to the rear cargo area while the interior is torn apart, mostly for a power block, but probably for a small 4 channel amp as well.

I still have rear bags and front window tint to install. After that, I'm just going to address some rust areas that I want to get stopped.

0a1473a01c938c420b26c670fe2a933c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the way that thing looks, from the OWL tires, bronze wheel finish, lift, color....it all works for me. [emoji106]

Can you touch up the wheel weights with paint to try and cover them?

Definitely, the only reason I haven't yet, is that I've decided I like the bronze, so I think I'm going to sand the wheels down and paint them bronze. Then again, why worry about it if dip works??

Cut those running boards off and it'd be perfect
Running boards are just bolt on, and will be removed as soon as rock sliders go on.

The rear bumper may get painted, we'll see. An off-road front bumper is already on order.

Definitely, the only reason I haven't yet, is that I've decided I like the bronze, so I think I'm going to sand the wheels down and paint them bronze. Then again, why worry about it if dip works??

I like the bronze too. But agreed...dip can be patched, it looks good already...just paint the wheel weights and be done (for now :))

• 1 month later...

Big thanks to Verse for getting me a great price on a factory lower ball joint assembly. Passenger axle boot finally blew, so I'll be knocking out both at the same time.

The first "budget" item bit me, so I ordered new hd uniball upper ball joints for the eBay uca's.

I also may have found a replacement for the G8, so I'll be back to two vehicles. Makes it a lot easier to get work done on one.