How to Unlock AT&T Note 3 ?

TTQ B4U

My son and I are getting new Note 8's Monday and I have an older Note 3 from AT&T that I want to give to a friend of his who's family doesn't have much money and uses a month to month or pre-paid plan of some sort. My Note 3 was bought new and always ran on AT&T.

Anyone here know how to unlock it from AT&T's network or if the store will do it for free/charge?

Just curious as I'm not looking to get hit by all the bullshit spam sites out there as I google for a solution.

Thanks!

I just went in the AT&T app and had my iPhone6 plus and 6s plus unlocked through their web portal. You need your account info and the IMEI of the device. Then click confirm in the e-mail they send you within 24 hrs, it says to check your spam folder, and mine were in my junk folder.

5f05edd292bf20456a7fe6e0f17d5974.jpg

When I have bought used phone's when one of mine was broken I have always just switched the sim card from device to device and never had any issues with it.
Good to know cuz that's what I plan on doing with the Note 8 and my Note 5 later this afternoon.

In this case however the person we are giving the Note 3 to uses a month to month prepaid sim card, so I'm hoping that it works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Good to know cuz that's what I plan on doing with the Note 8 and my Note 5 later this afternoon.

In this case however the person we are giving the Note 3 to uses a month to month prepaid sim card, so I'm hoping that it works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Yes sir as long as it's the micro sim it should work, when I went from my Note 3 to Note 4 I swapped the sims from phone to phone. If the sim from your note 5 doesn't work go to a AT&T store and if they are nice enough they will give you a sim card.

Yes sir as long as it's the micro sim it should work, when I went from my Note 3 to Note 4 I swapped the sims from phone to phone. If the sim from your note 5 doesn't work go to a AT&T store and if they are nice enough they will give you a sim card.

thanks. I am heading there this afternoon. I did get a new SIM Card with the shipment of my new phone but I already just swapped the old one into the new phone.

that said, I'm having a problem getting wifi calling to set up and activate and I'm wondering if it's because I'm not using the "new" SIM Card. Both of course are the same cell phone number. I just was too lazy to install and activate the new one.