Exhaust shop....again.

vonrottes

Looking for a shop that can do a 3" mandrel bent stainless "cat back" on my Sonoma. Nothing super fancy, want it to follow the stock path/exit. And I'll eventually need them to make a 3" ypipe when I put the LS in it..

Inb4 anyone says mad hatter.. I took my S10 there with a kit I just wanted them to install and they basically told me GFY.

To be honest, does it have to be mandrel-bent? I've seen Engine Masters test exhausts and you're just better off with a larger-diameter exhaust system that's crinkle-bent for budget's sake and you'll still make power.

Crinkle bent would be fine too, mandrel is just a first choice because it looks good.

Can stainless be crinkle bent?

The gains on MOST cars are very minimal between the two options unless you are running some form of boost. NA stuff, personally it's not worth the money you'll spend for the mandrel.

I agree about the unsure why they (Hatter) wouldn't install your stuff, typically as long as you are fine with them doing modifications right there if they are needed they will do damn near anything for $$$.