MLB Playoffs

BStowers023

I don't think the Indians should hang their heads that bad. Every team in the AL playoffs this year are monsters.

Perhaps it's the curse of the streak? A's didn't make it to the series either after their streak either right? In the end they had a hell of a season and have done great under Francona.

I don't think the Indians should hang their heads that bad. Every team in the AL playoffs this year are monsters.

Perhaps it's the curse of the streak? A's didn't make it to the series either after their streak either right? In the end they had a hell of a season and have done great under Francona.

It would be one thing if I thought the Indians lost playing their best ball. That's not a knock on the Yankees, they definitely played great and are a big reason why the Indians didn't play great. But after watching the Indians all season, they just didn't seem to have the same juice or pop that they did all year. That fire just wasn't there. I haven't seen Kluber unable to locate his pitches like that all year. He didn't even look mediocre, he looked bad. You can't expect to win a series if you're ace and probable Cy Young winner has his worst 2 outings all season in a 5 game series, your best hitter (Jose Ramirez) hits under .100 and you average twice as many errors per game over a 5 game span than you did all season. The end of that game (top of the 9th) was very fitting to how the series was. Jay Bruce throws a lazy ball back into Lindor, Lindor can't field it, Todd Frazier opportunistically gets from 1st all the way home on a single due to lazy fielding by the Indians. Like I said, if we would have lost playing our best ball, that's one thing but we just didn't look like the same team I watched in the 2nd half of the regular season so it's just disappointing.

Why the hell did Allen give Gardner a pitch to hit? That run scoring single was so damn predictable. He had already fouled off like 84 pitches, he was bound to eventually connect on a pitch he liked in the zone. Allen should've thrown a low breaking ball and hoped he would chase. If not, no biggie, Gardner takes the walk and Allen lives to face the next batter without giving up a run.

And I lost count of how many pitches right down the fucking meat of the plate that Indians hitters would just stare at for a called strike. That shit is infuriating

I was hoping the Indians could pull it out. I don't watch them much except for when they play the Reds during the year but it just seems like they don't have much depth. Lindor is young and fun to watch, maybe they'll be able to continue winning so at least one team in Ohio has a chance.

It would be one thing if I thought the Indians lost playing their best ball. That's not a knock on the Yankees, they definitely played great and are a big reason why the Indians didn't play great. But after watching the Indians all season, they just didn't seem to have the same juice or pop that they did all year. That fire just wasn't there. I haven't seen Kluber unable to locate his pitches like that all year. He didn't even look mediocre, he looked bad. You can't expect to win a series if you're ace and probable Cy Young winner has his worst 2 outings all season in a 5 game series, your best hitter (Jose Ramirez) hits under .100 and you average twice as many errors per game over a 5 game span than you did all season. The end of that game (top of the 9th) was very fitting to how the series was. Jay Bruce throws a lazy ball back into Lindor, Lindor can't field it, Todd Frazier opportunistically gets from 1st all the way home on a single due to lazy fielding by the Indians. Like I said, if we would have lost playing our best ball, that's one thing but we just didn't look like the same team I watched in the 2nd half of the regular season so it's just disappointing.

I'd say that's baseball each team is going to have ups and downs. Shit Judge right now is like Serrano from Major League and can't hit a fuckin curve ball. But fortunately other people stepped up to help the team. The Indians just had people go off at the wrong times.

Let's also not forget that while the Indians starting pitchers were the best in the AL that the Yankees staff weren't far behind and their bullpen wasn known to be lights out from the get-go. That makes it hard to get hits for sure.

As for Gardner and Allen, that's exactly why I live Gardner. He'll make the pitchers throw till they get frustrated or tired and make a mistake.

I'm nervous about the Astros as they've had our number for the past couple of years, but hopefully Judge can rebound and the rest of the offense continues.