NY Truck Attack

wagner

So sad :(

You can't stop evil like this with laws, it's just the new world we live in.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/01/us/new-york-attack/index.html

not sure why anybody would open this topic and then say stuff like this anywhere but in the kitchen. Way to be insensitive in putting your political opinion ahead of showing concern for victims. You aren't a "cool" or "tough" for being a cycnic, you are just adding to the unwanted and unnecessary nose with this attitude.

I didn't realize you were french, wouldn't think you would surrender so easily to thinking that nothing can be done. Not saying laws are necessarily the way to prevent this but nice defeatist attitude you have there.

By the way, most of these kinds of "attacks" are stopped not with laws but with landscaping. Bollards, concrete barriers, even curb design and plant placement all serve to deter these kinds of attacks. When it's done effectively you hardly notice it is there.

Also not a "new" phenomenon or the "new world" we live in. People have been using cars as weapons since there have been cars. There were plenty of instances in the 1960's and 70's of people using cars as battering rams to break up civil rights demonstrations or to go on rampages. We didn't stat classifying it as terrorist motivated until the 1980's but there were plenty going back to 1980 once we did. There is nothing new under the sun, this isn't the "new world" - shit has been this way for a while, what has changed is the may media has spread and is consumed which is now making you more aware of things that you aren't usually exposed to.

My heart goes out to those injured and the families of those who were killed. this is a terrible tragedy and one that will take them a long time to heal.

in before geetoo blames silencers on trucks

I have been meaning to ask, is ignorance really bliss? I figure I should ask someone with first hand experience. It certainly makes you salty, so is that a by product?

can just anyone rent one of these weapons?

don't professionals that use these weapons daily have SPECIAL TRAINING the public isn't required to have to operate one of these?

are we going to close the private-party loophole where someone can buy one without a valid license or background check?

can we somehow get current owners of these weapons to turn them in, or exchange them for a less-dangerous replacement?

are we going to ignore the hundreds of thousands of people that are murdered every year with dangerous modes of transportation?

is anyone organizing a lawsuit against the manufacturer of the weapon, and the company that rented the weapon?

did his doctor know he was a danger to society and didn't follow the proper procedure to have all access to weapons restricted for this individual?

are we going to address the dangerous special equipment this particular weapon had?

-fully automatic transmission allows you to reach greater speed more easily

-high capacity fuel tank allows for longer more dangerous rampage

-silencers on the exhaust allowed the weapon to be used almost silently, giving nearby victims no warning until it was too late!

not sure why anybody would open this topic and then say stuff like this anywhere but in the kitchen. Way to be insensitive in putting your political opinion ahead of showing concern for victims. You aren't a "cool" or "tough" for being a cycnic, you are just adding to the unwanted and unnecessary nose with this attitude.

I didn't realize you were french, wouldn't think you would surrender so easily to thinking that nothing can be done. Not saying laws are necessarily the way to prevent this but nice defeatist attitude you have there.

By the way, most of these kinds of "attacks" are stopped not with laws but with landscaping. Bollards, concrete barriers, even curb design and plant placement all serve to deter these kinds of attacks. When it's done effectively you hardly notice it is there.

Also not a "new" phenomenon or the "new world" we live in. People have been using cars as weapons since there have been cars. There were plenty of instances in the 1960's and 70's of people using cars as battering rams to break up civil rights demonstrations or to go on rampages. We didn't stat classifying it as terrorist motivated until the 1980's but there were plenty going back to 1980 once we did. There is nothing new under the sun, this isn't the "new world" - shit has been this way for a while, what has changed is the may media has spread and is consumed which is now making you more aware of things that you aren't usually exposed to.

My heart goes out to those injured and the families of those who were killed. this is a terrible tragedy and one that will take them a long time to heal.

I have been meaning to ask, is ignorance really bliss? I figure I should ask someone with first hand experience. It certainly makes you salty, so is that a by product?

I didn't make this political you did. I could drop more fact bombs but that's useless on a person like you who makes assumptions.

I didn't make this political you did. I could drop more fact bombs but that's useless on a person like you who makes assumptions.

nothing you said qualifies as a fact. It's all just your opinion. And it isn't focused on sympathy for the injured or dead - but more on your disdain for laws and cynicism toward the current state of the world - no assumptions necessary when your words are as plain as day.

nothing you said qualifies as a fact. It's all just your opinion. And it isn't focused on sympathy for the injured or dead - but more on your disdain for laws and cynicism toward the current state of the world - no assumptions necessary when your words are as plain as day.

Thank you for telling me what I'm thinking, I appreciate it very much.

nobody knows what you are thinking but you...I'm just telling you how you sound to me.

Fixed.

Please do not speak for me. I don't think his post sounded political at all. And right out of the gate, he stated, "So sad.", implying sympathy towards the victims (or possibly the state of the world; only he would know). I, like others, aren't quite sure where you were coming from with your post.

I despise how the current thought process of American Society is to pull your god damn phone out to video tape instead of getting off your ass to help those, clearly disabled, children. You can't even clue into the fact that the entire side of the bus is crushed in because you've got your face buried in your phone.

Today, 07:19 AM

Today, 10:19 AM

Three hours. Not even close to a record. You are gonna have to do better than that in the CR Winter Political Olympics if you want to win gold, Kerry.

That being said...this is another tragic thing. The world is broken, and I'm not sure if it can be fixed.

Fixed.

Please do not speak for me. I don't think his post sounded political at all. And right out of the gate, he stated, "So sad.", implying sympathy towards the victims (or possibly the state of the world; only he would know). I, like others, aren't quite sure where you were coming from with your post.

Don't bring logic into this, you'll derail the hate train!

So much hate in this new world, if people would show more compassion and understand things like this wouldn't happen.

[quote

It's called an entertainment trap. If I make a mocking comment of the political strategies parties take immediately after a tragedy I'm ignorant or salty. On the other hand, if a certain political party (no idea who that would ever be, ever) uses tragedies to push through legislation and social agenda's that openly limit liberties then they are honorary "social justice warriors".

On the other hand, if a certain political party (no idea who that would ever be, ever) uses tragedies to push through legislation and social agenda's that openly limit liberties then they are honorary "social justice warriors".

I am pretty sure (like 100%) the Bush Era Republicans used the tragedy of 9/11 to push through the patriot act so by your logic they win the gold medal at the "social justice warrior" Olympics.

Don't bring logic into this, you'll derail the hate train!

So much hate in this new world, if people would show more compassion and understand things like this wouldn't happen.

Logic...lol like that's logic.

Still waiting for you to express more compassion for the victims than someone would text to their friend about their dog getting shots at the vet.

I despise how the current thought process of American Society is to pull your god damn phone out to video tape instead of getting off your ass to help those, clearly disabled, children. You can't even clue into the fact that the entire side of the bus is crushed in because you've got your face buried in your phone.

at least we can agree on this.

can just anyone rent one of these weapons?

don't professionals that use these weapons daily have SPECIAL TRAINING the public isn't required to have to operate one of these?

are we going to close the private-party loophole where someone can buy one without a valid license or background check?

can we somehow get current owners of these weapons to turn them in, or exchange them for a less-dangerous replacement?

are we going to ignore the hundreds of thousands of people that are murdered every year with dangerous modes of transportation?

is anyone organizing a lawsuit against the manufacturer of the weapon, and the company that rented the weapon?

did his doctor know he was a danger to society and didn't follow the proper procedure to have all access to weapons restricted for this individual?

are we going to address the dangerous special equipment this particular weapon had?

-fully automatic transmission allows you to reach greater speed more easily

-high capacity fuel tank allows for longer more dangerous rampage

-silencers on the exhaust allowed the weapon to be used almost silently, giving nearby victims no warning until it was too late!

This is amazing :lolguy:

you can't stop evil like this with laws, it's just the new world we live in.

no but our stupid policies let him in this country. I never paid much attention to Visa Lotteries but this sure puts light on the policy and hopefully it's fast closure. I'm 100% behind merit based admission.

no but our stupid policies let him in this country. I never paid much attention to Visa Lotteries but this sure puts light on the policy and hopefully it's fast closure. I'm 100% behind merit based admission.

So this is a cost you won't accept but Vegas is a cost you are willing to accept?