WTB: Washing Machine

El Karacho1647545492

Just like the title says, I need a washing machine as the control board on mine probably just went out. What ya got?

UPDATE: this is now a free washing machine giveaway thread. Copied from below:

No, 16 year old Whirlpool.

I was also able to take the fucker apart and tested the control board, which passed all my tests. I discovered the breaker box in the house we're renting (rent LOL) had unlabeled switches and when they trip, they remain nearly flush with the active switches.

After lots of swearing and wondering why the dryer switch was properly labelled on circuits 1+3 and the washer was unlabeled on circuit 26, I got it to power back on and found the control board working entirely as intended. I ran a test wash, it started the cycle ok, so I then let it run. Came back downstairs to a tripped switch and a full washer. Took it apart, drained it, disassembled the pump which seemed to rotate fine and had no clogs. Reassembled, reset switch, sat and watched and finally saw the motor hum upon the start of the spin cycle and trip the switch.

Conclusion = motor is shot. $150-200 replacement part. If someone wants to haul this fucker away, it's free. I'll be bringing the new washer home tonight and hopefully getting this old one into the garage for curb dumping by next Wednesday.

Edited by El Karacho

Was it a samsung?

No, 16 year old Whirlpool.

I was also able to take the fucker apart and tested the control board, which passed all my tests. I discovered the breaker box in the house we're renting (rent LOL) had unlabeled switches and when they trip, they remain nearly flush with the active switches.

After lots of swearing and wondering why the dryer switch was properly labelled on circuits 1+3 and the washer was unlabeled on circuit 26, I got it to power back on and found the control board working entirely as intended. I ran a test wash, it started the cycle ok, so I then let it run. Came back downstairs to a tripped switch and a full washer. Took it apart, drained it, disassembled the pump which seemed to rotate fine and had no clogs. Reassembled, reset switch, sat and watched and finally saw the motor hum upon the start of the spin cycle and trip the switch.

Conclusion = motor is shot. $150-200 replacement part. If someone wants to haul this fucker away, it's free. I'll be bringing the new washer home tonight and hopefully getting this old one into the garage for curb dumping by next Wednesday.