Time To Build My AR

wagner

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/build-ar-15-lower-receiver/

This is what I used for my first one.

Thank you

Pro first time tip: build it in the bathtub with the doors shut and the drain closed.

Naked or dressed as a bunny?

:lol:

Make sure you use masking tape whenever you feel there might be contact.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

10-4

The pin is probably backwards. Some of them are profiled differently on either side. One side will stick, the other side won't.

Agreed, likely the issue.I did that on my first build.

Drop the grip and flip the pin. I would suggest placing the lower upside down so you don't lose the spring and pin.

What pin? The pointed end that goes into the receiver and is held in by the spring?

Yup. One side should be flat. Pointy end towards receiver. I've had one where I had to round over the tip and throw some lube in there when I had this same issue in the past.

Yup. One side should be flat. Pointy end towards receiver. I've had one where I had to round over the tip and throw some lube in there when I had this same issue in the past.

Okay that makes sense now. The channel where that tip goes seems to be a possible sticking point. I'm going to take the tip off and get some lube in there to see if that fixes the issue.

That totally fixed the issue, thanks for the tip. I was chasing my tail last night trying to figure out what the hell the problem was. I tore the thing down and built it several times trying to see if I missed something or where it was catching.

Glad it was a simple fix. Now to get some iron sights on it, mount the optic, and see if it goes click bang.

That totally fixed the issue, thanks for the tip. I was chasing my tail last night trying to figure out what the hell the problem was. I tore the thing down and built it several times trying to see if I missed something or where it was catching.

Glad it was a simple fix. Now to get some iron sights on it, mount the optic, and see if it goes click bang.

Good deal. Post some pics!

AR's are pretty hard to screw up. If you buy name brand stuff your typically in good shape.

Good deal. Post some pics!

AR's are pretty hard to screw up. If you buy name brand stuff your typically in good shape.

This was a pretty cheap build with the Anderson lower and PSA Freedom kit that had the upper already put together and all the lower parts.

I can see where some higher-end parts might fit together easier, but now that I see how it all functions doing this again shouldn't be an issue.