A little info and details about a CCW class on Saturday, January 13th

Mojoe

Many of you have known me on here and in person for a long time. You may have notice I took some time off from teaching. I posted last year in March about my Father being diagnosed with cancer and many on here came forward with a flood of helpful information. We moved my Dad here from Vermont for his treatment, and with that came many days and nights in the emergency room and of course the 8 weeks of treatment and follow on care. I did some one on one training, but didn't feel I could hold scheduled classes because of the frequency we were at the hospital with short notice. With that all behind us now and Dad moved back home, I'm back to scheduling classes. The next CCW class is Saturday, January 13th. It should work out where I have one a month scheduled. That should leave a little time for private lessons still, and allow for people to plan farther out. If you have a group or a date that you know works, feel free to message me and I will try to work with that information.

Thanks CR for the support with my family and in training.

Time is 8am to 8pm. Location is New Albany/Johnstown area, about 15 minutes from Easton. PM me for exact address.

We still teach a one day, 12 hour class that covers the NRA Basic Pistol course and much more, to give you all that is needed for CCW in Ohio. There is extensive emphasis on marksmanship, with one on one training. Please PM me to be added to the class roster, or for any questions. As always, if you are interested in setting up a class with your family and friends, PM me to have a private class.

Couples, PLEASE do all you can to do the class together. We want you both on the same page, as shown by the discount.

Cost is $80 per person + $10 for gun rental and ammo, if needed.

Couples are $130 + $10 for gun rental and ammo, per person if needed.

We commit to making sure you are trained. If you do not pass the range portion, we will retrain you, at no cost, other than gun and ammo use if needed. If you don't pass the written test, we will work with you so you can pass it, at no cost. If you just don't like how I teach and don't want to retrain, I'll give you your money back.

At this time we have no intention of going to a shorter class time; less than 12 hours. We have reviewed our course material and feel that cutting information covered, does not serve the student best. To register for the class , message me here or text or call the number below. Thank you.

I can personally vouch for Joe's classes. I took a CCW class years before I joined CR. I decided to get my wife the class as a Christmas gift. I attended the class with her. It was far and above better than the original class I attended. Also my wife had trouble passing the marksmanship portion of the class due to some outside factors. We gave it a little time and rescheduled with Joe for her to retest and she passed. Joe has the mentality of a teacher and is dedicated to taking the time with each student to make sure they are comfortable with their knowledge and skills.

Gotta say as well - Joe ended up teaching a whole class of just my wife, myself, my father, and many of my extended family (BiL's SiL's) in one class. Everyone was highly impressed, and Joe even helped my two sis-in-laws by being a consult for them when they were looking at guns afterwards for themselves. TONS of trust in this man.

To say that Joe is both an expert as well as highly professional is an understatement. If you're thinking of your CCW Permit, you need to go no further than Joe!

It means so much to read these responses. Thank you all. I just don’t want my class to be full of fluff and BS, and just the bare minimum. I look forward to the opportunity to work with more people from CR and their friends and family. Please reach out to me with any questions. Thank you.

+1 for Joe’s classes. He has worked with me one on one and with others. I’ve learned a ton. Are you going to try the pistol 1 class again? That’s the best class I’ve ever taken and the most fun. You and Howard did an excellent job.

My sister and her friends have been wanting to get there ccw, glad you started doing classes again sir. Will get in touch with tou when they are ready.

How many do you prefer to get a class going?

For real sorry about your dad though.

+1 for Joe’s classes. He has worked with me one on one and with others. I’ve learned a ton. Are you going to try the pistol 1 class again? That’s the best class I’ve ever taken and the most fun. You and Howard did an excellent job.

Thank you. I'm not sure who has more fun in that class, the student or the Instructor. There is the intent to do P1 starting when the weather warms up, April'ish

My sister and her friends have been wanting to get there ccw, glad you started doing classes again sir. Will get in touch with tou when they are ready.

How many do you prefer to get a class going?

For real sorry about your dad though.

I try to keep class sizes 4-8 students. Larger groups can happen, but that is very rare. Let me know what works for them and I'll get them going.

Dad's doing ok now. Thank you.

Joe, what courses are you able to certify people in. I already have my CCW, but would be interested in picking up some NRA certifications for other stuff.

I don't do any of the Instructor certifying courses. Those are all posted on the NRA's site. Too much koolaid drinking for for me to get into being that involved.

Edited by Mojoe