Favorite Type of Racing

Cordell

What type of racing do you prefer most?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What type of racing do you prefer most?

• Drag racing
    • Road Racing/Autocross
    • Street Racing
    • Keyboard Racing

I've got an E36 328 that we're building for Chumpcar since our Prelude blew up

I know you're lying because hondas run forever with no maintenance and win trophies

Are you going to have the e36 competing this year? Interested in more details, looks like e36 are very popular in chump

I know you're lying because hondas run forever with no maintenance and win trophies

Are you going to have the e36 competing this year? Interested in more details, looks like e36 are very popular in chump

Yeah, I basically picked out that car and we went through 3 (A20) engines before my friends decided I was an idiot. Early '80s Hondas, not a fan anymore.

Our financier (my cousin) went through a messy divorce and is getting remarried this year, if we can manage to get it caged finally and signed up for an HPDE I'll call that a win, with a possible look to next year.

Our last race was in the fall of 2013, Chump has evolved a lot since then in terms of what's acceptable. At the time we still thought it should be $500 cars, but we shared a garage with this a beautiful E36 325is, the sort you'd get if you dropped a donor car off at a well-funded race shop with $15,000 and said, "turn it into a racecar." Which, we found out, was exactly what they did. Learned our lesson real fast.

A lot of these series (AER and WRL especially) are basically home for ITS/PTD/Spec E46 type owners who get sick of burning weekends for 40 minutes of sprint racing. For everything but LeMons, a well prepped E36 is entry level. The downside of everything moving upscale is that you need a racing license or an equivalent of documented experience. I think LeMons is still the only place you can just grab your friends and go racing, but they're also the only group insisting on legitimately shitty cars.

So if I get my shit together to head to few roadcourses this year are you going?

Yea man. I was gonna do gridlife at gingerman but hpde sold out before I could buy :(

Let me know which ones you are going to and I'll tag along with my stuff.

The downside of everything moving upscale is that you need a racing license or an equivalent of documented experience. I think LeMons is still the only place you can just grab your friends and go racing, but they're also the only group insisting on legitimately shitty cars.

CHamp/Chump still just requires a free "mandatory" classroom session for those who have not raced W2W before.

I've been trying to talk myself into converting an extra e36 into a chumpcar or etc for awhile, but I'd fall asleep at mid ohio in that thing... Probably make 100mph on the back straight LOL

I hit 104 with space to the braking zone in a fully loaded Mazda 6 wagon before my instructor freaked out. I'm sure an e36 could do better.

Entering my first Hillclimb in May.

That will be sketchy fun..

Know a guy that does this, it's kinda insane but the videos are cool

• 2 weeks later...