CR 4x4 crew, To M/T or not to M/T?

cstmg8

Do 285s fit a 3rd gen that easily? It seems the pizza cutters might even fit stock, but people murmur about 285s lightly grazing UCAs and the rear-ward wheel well area.
With my 4" of total lift and 1.25" wheel spacers I could probably go 305's with a minor liner heat and mold. No intention of it, just saying 285's are no problem. Eventually, I'll get a set of used wheels, but I'd rather spend the money elsewhere. Like joining the snorkel club. [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cool. Spacers usually make it worse to an extent. They can really make the arc of the wheel bigger and stuff more rubber into the wheel wells as they turn. But since you got them I’m sure you could experiment both ways.

PS. A wheeling trip is in the works for April. Rush KY. It’s a lot of fun. I’ll be sure to keep you in the loop.

Cool. Spacers usually make it worse to an extent. They can really make the arc of the wheel bigger and stuff more rubber into the wheel wells as they turn. But since you got them I’m sure you could experiment both ways.

PS. A wheeling trip is in the works for April. Rush KY. It’s a lot of fun. I’ll be sure to keep you in the loop.

Awesome, I appreciate it. I'm definitely interested in going!. I just need to start looking for weak points in a 21 yr old truck, and grab some spare parts.

not gonna lie, that actually looks hawt.
Yeah, I'm beginning to think I'm not a fan of the balloon look the 285's have on stock wheels, even at only an inch wider.

19be96a42239d44bc725df7b0b5df239.jpg

I do usually think the 255 + spacer combo looks really good on those.

I think this is a better 285 pic. 3" lift + spacers + coopers - gaudy all brush guard

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attachments/3rd-gen-t4rs/32230d1282916448-285-75-16-stock-wheels-img00548-20100711-1737%5B1%5D.jpg

Meh I like the wider ones but I'll sell ya whatever you want
Well get the pen (or whatever you use to order these things) ready, cause the G8 is pending!