brent1976

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bunch of stuff

https://www.tflcar.com/2017/09/2018-manuals-comprehensive-list/

Look at all dem BMWs in there!

And remember when porka killed the manual in the gt3?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/geneva-auto-show/news/a32836/2018-porsche-911-gt3-manual/

FIXED

Audi is a lost cause, they used to be cool but have gone full barge-ilac. Where's the manual tt-rs? Where's the manual r8? Where's the manual RS4/5/6? They've gone full 'murican. Let's make em bigger and heavier with a ton of power. FAIL

Don't get me started on mercedes. AMG is almost cool, almost.

4400 lbs for a sedan?!? Isn't the Cayenne about that? Damn at least that can tow stuff.

Caddy LOL. Maybe if the turbos don't blow and the trans doesn't shit the bed they'll be decent buys in a few years for pennies on the dollar. Probably be all fresh past the first 2" anyways. Good enough for a 16th car.

Nothing Cadillac makes competes with the newer hi performance full size German luxury barges.

That's the problem with imitation, you'll always be a step or 2 behind.

I'm looking at you Lexus, you unoriginal, German copying, re-badged Toyota son of a bitch.

On another note - a GM exec (forget who), indicated Cadillac is developing a small sedan to attack the ‘Ring sedan record. I would have to assume it is the on again off again ATSV+. I know the LT -series motors fit so it could Be interesting if they really do it.

this is what American cars used to do really well:

http://www.imcdb.org/i001955.jpg

Cross the desert at top speed to get to your destination before the acid kicked in.

this is the 1970 Cadillac sedan deville:

http://automotivemileposts.com/cadillac/images/1970/cadi1970sdvhardtopprod.jpg

It made 400hp and 550 ft/lbs of torque, you could seat 8 in it with the most modern comfort of your living room in 1970. It had electric everything, a car phone (as an option), auto dimming headlights, surround sound, adjustable ride control, dual automatic climate control - it was fancy.

now that Cadillac has their shit straight and are making cars people want again in the lower priced models - what's wrong with them making America great again with a really fast sofa? they stand a better chance with it than some other people I know.

Sedans are pointless.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you on that one.

I wish more people would buy sedans and not just jump straight to a cross-over or SUV. Chances are it holds just as much, sometimes more people and cargo. Don't try to give me any of that "oh but the ground clearance" shit either, you're not leaving the 10 mile radius from the mall, let alone rock crawling.

So, slower than a sports car, and less practical than a super SUV? got it. Sedans are pointless.

I totally disagree with you. A sedan, while not as useful at carrying stuff, is way better to drive than an SUV. A sports car handles better than a sedan but you can’t carry people. I want to shoot myself everyday driving my Suburban back and forth to work. It is a really nice vehicle that can carry a ton of stuff but sucks to drive.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you on that one.

I wish more people would buy sedans and not just jump straight to a cross-over or SUV. Chances are it holds just as much, sometimes more people and cargo. Don't try to give me any of that "oh but the ground clearance" shit either, you're not leaving the 10 mile radius from the mall, let alone rock crawling.

My ultimate preference would be wagons, but nobody makes a RWD manual sports wagon so...

SUVs are compromises for doing everything, that's why they're so popular.

And in my post above, I wasn't talking about a pleb CRV or MDX, talking about a SRT8 Jeep or Cayenne Turbo. Able to be driven much faster than 99% of buyers are able to drive them, pull 7k lbs, haul 4-5 people and their luggage, and have the ability to jump the curb at said mall and not fuck up the 3rd world collected pearl paint work.

I totally disagree with you. A sedan, while not as useful at carrying stuff, is way better to drive than an SUV. A sports car handles better than a sedan but you can’t carry people. I want to shoot myself everyday driving my Suburban back and forth to work. It is a really nice vehicle that can carry a ton of stuff but sucks to drive.

I'm confused, are you really comparing driving a suburban to a 120k CTS super sedan?

Let's also take a minute to reflect. Audi bro traded a manual A4 for an auto A5.

Casey wants to trade manual Camaro for some boring ass auto sedan.

OKAY GUIZ YOU WIN!!!

FWIW - I am looking for a manual sedan but, as mentioned, they are hard to find

There is nothing a Grand Cherokee does better than a decent sized sedan. They are tiny inside. If there is anything that is useless it is the “super SUVs” of which you speak.

We will go 1 by 1.

Can the sedan in question tow 7k lbs?

FWIW - I am looking for a manual sedan but, as mentioned, they are hard to find

So you'll settle for an auto because you don't actually care about driving. Just "the rush of being pushed back in the seat."

So you'll settle for an auto because you don't actually care about driving. Just "the rush of being pushed back in the seat."

Truly have not decided. There are pros / cons to both. Biggest factor will be can I wait? Who knows I may settle...

Good call on the towing, but most don’t pull the trigger on a super Ute for its towing.

My ultimate preference would be wagons, but nobody makes a RWD manual sports wagon so...

SUVs are compromises for doing everything, that's why they're so popular.

And in my post above, I wasn't talking about a pleb CRV or MDX, talking about a SRT8 Jeep or Cayenne Turbo. Able to be driven much faster than 99% of buyers are able to drive them, pull 7k lbs, haul 4-5 people and their luggage, and have the ability to jump the curb at said mall and not fuck up the 3rd world collected pearl paint work.

I agree with you on the wagon. Luckily for me, I prefer AWD.

I'm not shitting on SUVs, I'm saying I don't agree with you shitting on sedans.

Let's also take a minute to reflect. Audi bro traded a manual A4 for an auto A5.

I wasn't too keen on it at first but I figured since it's a DD, I'd actually prefer it, which I do. 8-Speed is real nice when driving long distances, doing 80mph under 2000rpm in a 4 banger.

I've got a manual in my fun car, which happens to be a sedan.

I agree with you on the wagon. Luckily for me, I prefer AWD.

I'm not shitting on SUVs, I'm saying I don't agree with you shitting on sedans.

I wasn't too keen on it at first but I figured since it's a DD, I'd actually prefer it, which I do. 8-Speed is real nice when driving long distances, doing 80mph under 2000rpm in a 4 banger.

I've got a manual in my fun car, which happens to be a sedan.

I have plans to get a C7 GS in the “near future” - no question it will be a manual. If a car is meant to be my “fun car” I totally agree with you and manual only. A DD though? I prefer a manual but there are a lot of positives to a good auto

Even the 3rd gen V? It is a large car. I was looking at a 2016 CTS V Sport and man is it big on the outside at least.

3rd Gen is bigger than Second gen, yes. But my "old" 535 still feels larger in the front and back than a 3rd gen. ( I dove my car to "text drive" a new V so I had a good back to back. Also, AWD is just SO much better for a true DD. Rain, snow, desert dust, whatever. AWD wins when your making 500+Ft lbs.

I think the CT6 is really competition for the 7 series and similar. The HUGE Luxo barge segment. There is money to be made there- I mean people are paying 150k for these cock suckers! Dafuq

https://www.autoblog.com/2016/11/16/2017-bmw-m760i-xdrive-150000-price/

Isn't a prius and a cedar point season pass much cheaper than this thing and they do the same thing?

A bottle of Tequila and a really high cliff to jump off of is the cheapest way to get the same sensation but you can only do it once. Repeat-ability, comfort, enjoyment, and access carry a premium.

anybody who remembers when this was the best a cadillac showroom had to offer....

1990_cadillac_deville_4_dr_std_sedan-pic-43140-1600x1200.jpeg

1990_cadillac_allante_convertible_base_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

Isn't complaining once inch about a 600hp+ cadillac sedan. We are just happy it exists in the world and look forward to the luxury car depreciation in the used market.

I'm most butthurt about another game-genie car that will make engorge joe-schmoe's e-dik meanwhile he'll cuck along holding up faster people in slower cars because he's so disengaged from driving he'll forget he's in the car to get somewhere and instead try to pair his kids' ipads with the bluetooth and get his myspace updates on his HUD and OH NEAT is Jack Nicklaus in town? Maybe I can catch him at the local douchbaggery! Thanks social-media mobile!

Technology SHOULD be encouraging drivers to ACTUALLY go faster. Maybe they could make it ALWAYS 50% or more throttle so buyers briskly leave the line, get through intersections, merge at speed... and less about "here's a bunch of performance you won't use so enjoy your drilldo-massaging seats"

meh, I disagree with you. if you're truly concerned about someone not paying attention while driving, you should be most butthurt about all the soccer mom's texting while drinking starbucks in their 7000lb SUV not paying attention, and driving all over the road like idiots. or the teenager who is, again, texting while driving.

you're most butthurt because this car can demolish any car you're driving. and it can do it with zero driver skill. average joe schmoe can be an autobahn hero and take out a corvette with his right foot--simple as that. people that are concerned with not paying attention while driving, yet wanting to flex their e-dick, are usually not going to buy a 550hp car. when I cruise in my audi, or charger, or gtr, I'm constantly paying attention to the road, on the lookout for other cars.........i'll leave it at that. if that makes you butthurt, prepare your angus, this caddy could easily hurt some feelings

no massaging seats, no facebook, no texting.

meh, I disagree with you. if you're truly concerned about someone not paying attention while driving, you should be most butthurt about all the soccer mom's texting while drinking starbucks in their 7000lb SUV not paying attention, and driving all over the road like idiots. or the teenager who is, again, texting while driving.

you're most butthurt because this car can demolish any car you're driving. and it can do it with zero driver skill. average joe schmoe can be an autobahn hero and take out a corvette with his right foot--simple as that. people that are concerned with not paying attention while driving, yet wanting to flex their e-dick, are usually not going to buy a 550hp car. when I cruise in my audi, or charger, or gtr, I'm constantly paying attention to the road, on the lookout for other cars.........i'll leave it at that. if that makes you butthurt, prepare your angus, this caddy could easily hurt some feelings

no massaging seats, no facebook, no texting.

And for those 10 seconds...:dumb: