I have a problem

Lauren

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/exactly-what-kind-of-deal-is-a-30000-dollar-bentley-anyway

Read this article last night...interesting their take on the "classic" market taking a hit as newer, high-end cars are getting close to fully depreciated. Curious how much deferred maintenance you'll have to deal with to get money out of it.

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/1997-range-rover-46-hse/6554475116.html

As an owner of a late-'70s land yacht (and recipient of more ads from friends for land yachts that they find and forward to me :lol:) I can tell you they aren't worth much in the used market. You should at least get a few thousand out of that Range Rover once it's cleaned up and running well!

That isn't a classic. That's a p38 range rover. Classics are going up in value right now. They stopped making range rover classics in 1995.

P38 rovers have absolutely tanked in value. They will not come back up.

And when I say classic I'm not speaking of older range rovers its literally called a range rover classic

And when I say classic I'm not speaking of older range rovers its literally called a range rover classic

Technically they are just the first generation "Range Rover", being made from 1970 to 1996. Only the 1994-1996 models that were made alongside the P38A were officially called "Classics" to differentiate two generations of the same model being sold at the same time. People just colloquially call them all "Classics" because it was easy and the car is basically unchanged for it's entire 26 year production run.

A lot of what is driving the value of these up are the collectibility of the earlier models, plus an off road credibility that is almost equal to the defender. The later fist gen discovery by the way used a modified Range Rover Classic chassis.

Edited by Geeto67

What's better then one old shitty ranger rover. Well two of course. Picked this guy up last night as a parts truck. It has the nicer interior and its non abs as I want to convert mine to non abs. Plus it has better wheels and all the small parts I will search for made more since. It runs and drives but has rod knock. It also has been converted to the 4.6. So I will rebuild it and swap in.

Wife made me get a storage unit yesterday to store parts and cars lol 3ee60743383db0b3bfdc4db4df2e4128.jpg48feed71f5f68014e4b6b0aaa60f9317.jpg9d2cdad3f76a75f32e93fa099e9110b1.jpg5f24b5bb04e9f45be620c0cf4d31206f.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Well the rover didn't last long. I put a feeler out to sell. Had a guy show up paid me $5000 for the gold one this morning.

The grey one is in Cleveland and I backed out of the deal for it. So I turned my $750 to $5000 and did zero work to it. Not a Bad day