Texas high school shooting

RC K9

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Time to address how these kids are getting guns
  • Time to address how these people are getting guns into schools
  • Time to address securing schools that don't have police with police (good thing this one did) and the Illinois one the other day too.
  • Time to begin profiling to figure out how to identify these students

• Time to address securing schools that don't have police with police (good thing this one did) and the Illinois one the other day too.

I'd replace some of those "how's" with "why's" but I feel like most people wouldn't want to face what I feel are fundamental "why's."

I'd replace some of those "how's" with "why's" but I feel like most people wouldn't want to face what I feel are fundamental "why's."

Agree. The "why" these instances are occurring is key. Lots of factors involved but IMO it's not related to what libs typically cry out about which is guns.

Glad this one appears to not be a rifle thus we'll not likely here the same dumb talk from the left about them.

Plus, you know, maybe 5, 10, 15 children are alive right now who probably wouldn't be if he'd had an AR-15. I'm glad for that. But hey, you do you.

dumb talk... AR-15 = semi auto and fires at the same rate as a glock or any other semi auto pistol...

FYI, shooter was 17 thus illegal to purchase ANY firearm before the age of 18 but hey what do I know.

Time to address bullying in schools and social media

Time to address the open prescribing of mental health medication and not really knowing what happens from it even though side effects can be suicidal tendencies, etc... (SSRI inhibitors, etc...)

Time to address that parents don't have an active role in their children's lives anymore

Time to address that parents can't "parent" their children anymore

Time to address the rapid influx of mass shootings that didn't take place in our generation

Time to address why the media has a hard on to blame firearms instead of the real issues

Time to address why gun ownership is at a low yet mass shootings are at a high

Time to address that people will find any means they can to commit murder

Time to realize that murder is already illegal

Forgive me, I'm just a dumb liberal and I don't know anything about guns, is a pump action shotgun semi-auto?

Dumbass.

you are forgiven, don't be a dumbass again though.

On a side note, I'm so tired of hearing people blame a specific firearm like it's the cause of everything... look at the real issue. We had a discussion about this at work today and the general conscious is that in our generation, even though their was bullying when we were young, when you went home, you didn't deal with the bullying and if you were dumb, your dad would whoop your ass. Now, kids have social media and never get away from the bullying as well as parents are afraid to actually be their children's parents.

Time to address the open prescribing of mental health medication and not really knowing what happens from it even though side effects can be suicidal tendencies, etc... (SSRI inhibitors, etc...)

Time to address that parents don't have an active role in their children's lives anymore

Time to address that parents can't "parent" their children anymore

Time to address the rapid influx of mass shootings that didn't take place in our generation

THIS

People have been mean to each other since the day of time. Kids that get picked on all day, then come home and get picked on at home on social media or whatever it is without any place to relax could be part of a catalyst... honestly, it's a way bigger issue and I think identifying actual issues instead of blaming an inanimate object is a way better place to start. That's like us trying to ban Facebook... there's a way bigger problem here than a rifle or social media. Trying to work towards helping the mentally damaged, providing children with safe places where they aren't judged and get away from bullying, or hell, I don't know how about stop prescribing children with Ritalin or any other 100 SSRI's out there. We have failed as a culture in the past 20 years where we have raised a generation which is used to instant gratification, don't feel that they are ever wrong, and we've just failed to identify the signs even when they are staring us straight in the face.

explosives have been found. very troubling

I believe this is going to be a trend. Not all, but many of the shooters I have known of wanted the record for the most carnage. They want the high score. It will only be a matter of time before it happens when someone decides they can't kill enough people with only a gun. Going back as far as Columbine, if I recall correctly they had a propane tank rigged to explode in the cafeteria. Luckily they were bad at making bombs and it didn't go off. At some point we will see a trunk sized or truck bed sized fertilizer bomb is my prediction.