Texas high school shooting

RC K9

I'm not 100% sure on the law about this but...

Say I own a dog, it runs off and attacks some random kid in the neighborhood, wouldn't I, as the owner, be responsible? Why should it be any different when it comes to your children? In reality you probably have less influence and control over an animal compared to your children.

Say you put your dog in doggy daycare. It then goes off and attacks another dog. Is the daycare responsible? Are the schools responsible then? Kid could have used school scissors just like dog used its teeth.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That said, 99% of people who think they need guns for home defense, or personal defense, or to protect themselves from the government, or because it's the American thing to do, are delusional, and the NRA pro-gun machine that has convinced a hefty chunk of America that keeping guns in the house is a good thing is something that actually is unique to America and therefore might actually explain why school shootings are a uniquely American thing.

Having guns at home for personal protection is not unique to America, but the school shootings are.

OK..here's an old mans take on all the school shootings.

It's society's fault.

Everyone gets a trophy..they are no longer illegal aliens they are undocumented persons..English as a 2nd language..etc.

Their have been bullies forever but today because Johnny and Susie don't know how to handle failure but in only 1 way, pull a gun and shoot up the place where the insult took place or where they think it took place.

Then we have it reported everywhere and lo and behold the pos is famous and not the loser they are.

You probably don't remember the shooting in the 60s at UofT. There wasn't a call for gun control it was the action of 1 crazy man. Today it's everyone else's fault...no it's not the parent's fault for having guns it the parent's fault for raising a cry ass who can't handle failure.

It's not a video game fault..we used to play army shooting each other and we fell dead but stood back up..we watched daffy duck get blown up and come back.

I agree with you. However, English is not a second language in America, nor would it make any difference. Honestly, it wouldn't hurt if Americans were a little more bilingual.

Being bilingual improves decision-making they say, so maybe next time little Johnny will decide to NOT pull out a shotgun on his art class. Did I just find the root cause? You're welcome America :fuckyeah: :dumb:

Having guns at home for personal protection is not unique to America, but the school shootings are.

Incorrect. America is an outlier in terms of the number of households with guns, the number of guns per household, the type of guns, and the general attitude towards their usefulness for personal defense. Saying "Canadians have a lot of guns per capita" because a lot of houses have a hunting rifle stashed away somewhere is disingenuous, or "Switzerland has a lot of guns per capita" when most of them are kept in a house without ammunition is disingenuous. America is unique.

Say you put your dog in doggy daycare. It then goes off and attacks another dog. Is the daycare responsible? Are the schools responsible then? Kid could have used school scissors just like dog used its teeth.

Fair point. I'll take a stab at it.

1) Dogs are animals (so behavior cannot be compared to humans), and are sometimes known to get into fights with other dogs, so it is a common responsibility of the doggy daycare to notice when dogs aren't getting along and they need to be separated.

2) It's the owners responsibility to inform the doggy daycare that the dog has a tendency to not get along with other dogs.

Fair point. I'll take a stab at it.

1) Dogs are animals (so behavior cannot be compared to humans), and are sometimes known to get into fights with other dogs, so it is a common responsibility of the doggy daycare to notice when dogs aren't getting along and they need to be separated.

2) It's the owners responsibility to inform the doggy daycare that the dog has a tendency to not get along with other dogs.

Couldn't those same points be applied to people? Per the President, some people are animals too... lulz

"My kid tends to fight other people so just keep an eye on him while he is in your care."

Incorrect. America is an outlier in terms of the number of households with guns, the number of guns per household, the type of guns, and the general attitude towards their usefulness for personal defense. Saying "Canadians have a lot of guns per capita" because a lot of houses have a hunting rifle stashed away somewhere is disingenuous, or "Switzerland has a lot of guns per capita" when most of them are kept in a house without ammunition is disingenuous. America is unique.

that keeping guns in the house is a good thing is something that actually is unique to America

Your original quote.

Society has a lot of problems. It always has. There are crazy people on the street (more now since we cut funding for government-run hospitals). But there always have been. There are murderers and would-be murderers in the world. But that's not new either.

What is new and unique to modern America?

Well there's a number of factors that may be making people more unhinged, narcissistic, disenchanted, and willing to become famous by becoming infamous. But there's one pretty obvious factor in play here.

Guns are tools for killing. And in the past 200 years they've gotten better and better and better. They can do it faster. They're easier to own. Easier to operate. Easier to maintain. And we have more storefronts in this nation where you can walk in and buy one than there are Starbucks locations worldwide. And if that isn't good enough for you, we have gun shows where you can buy one without even the most basic form of regulation that applies at the actual stores. And people have been buying too. We have so many of these very efficient killing tools in circulation that if they were distributed equally, pretty much everyone (even infants) could have one.

And so, guess what? We have a lot of killings. If all the guns disappeared tomorrow, would people still find ways to kill each other? Of course they would.

But, if want to live in a society where there aren't quite as many mass-murder incidents, maybe we shouldn't have quite so many very efficient killing tools lying around?

Some of you are going to say though: What about knives? What about cars? What about homemade bombs? Fine. True. You can kill people pretty well with those too (not quite as easily as with a store-bought gun, but pretty well all the same).

So let me ask you a question:

What if spray paint were banned tomorrow? Would you really try to tell me that it wouldn't cut down on graffiti? Would you really try to argue that there'd be just as much graffiti because the hoodlums would come vandalize with oil paints and a brush instead?

If you want fewer efficient killers, have fewer efficient killing tools in circulation. There are other causes too, of course there are. But this is just not complicated and the only reason it has become complicated is because some of us love our efficient killing tools so much that we make it complicated to avoid facing an uncomfortable truth.

Society has a lot of problems. It always has. There are crazy people on the street (more now since we cut funding for government-run hospitals). But there always have been. There are murderers and would-be murderers in the world. But that's not new either.

What is new and unique to modern America?

Well there's a number of factors that may be making people more unhinged, narcissistic, disenchanted, and willing to become famous by becoming infamous. But there's one pretty obvious factor in play here.

Guns are tools for killing. And in the past 200 years they've gotten better and better and better. They can do it faster. They're easier to own. Easier to operate. Easier to maintain. And we have more storefronts in this nation where you can walk in and buy one than there are Starbucks locations worldwide. And if that isn't good enough for you, we have gun shows where you can buy one without even the most basic form of regulation that applies at the actual stores. And people have been buying too. We have so many of these very efficient killing tools in circulation that if they were distributed equally, pretty much everyone (even infants) could have one.

And so, guess what? We have a lot of killings. If all the guns disappeared tomorrow, would people still find ways to kill each other? Of course they would.

But, if want to live in a society where there aren't quite as many mass-murder incidents, maybe we shouldn't have quite so many very efficient killing tools lying around?

Some of you are going to say though: What about knives? What about cars? What about homemade bombs? Fine. True. You can kill people pretty well with those too (not quite as easily as with a store-bought gun, but pretty well all the same).

So let me ask you a question:

What if spray paint were banned tomorrow? Would you really try to tell me that it wouldn't cut down on graffiti? Would you really try to argue that there'd be just as much graffiti because the hoodlums would come vandalize with oil paints and a brush instead?

If you want fewer efficient killers, have fewer efficient killing tools in circulation. There are other causes too, of course there are. But this is just not complicated and the only reason it has become complicated is because some of us love our efficient killing tools so much that we make it complicated to avoid facing an uncomfortable truth.

I hope it wouldn't cut down on graffiti. I love looking at graffiti. C-bus had some dope pieces back in the day before the city went and painted over them. Mind you they were down in the train tunnels by goodale, so it's not like the city looked better after they pained over them with plain grey paint.

To directly address your point though, no, it's not gonna cut down on it. Artists will find a way.

Tim's yelling at clouds again
Dem Eric Swalwell wrote an op-ed and supports legislation proposing what I mentioned. He does have his head in the clouds so I suppose you're correct.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Dem Eric Swalwell wrote an op-ed and supports legislation proposing what I mentioned. He does have his head in the clouds so I suppose you're correct.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Scumbag liar. Eric Swalwall does not at all support legislation proposing what you just mentioned. You either know this and are a piece of shit or you don't know it and you're a fucking moron, but I sorted it out in about 15 seconds of reading a goddamn Brietbart article of all things, so go back to yelling at clouds.

I would love to see what manner you think a 16 year old could not access your fire arm if they really intended to. Also any fire arm your going to secure like Fort Knox yet again will not grant you access to such weapon in a time of need for defense

Locked up firearms hidden deep in the basement unloaded is not going to help you when someone kicks in your front door

https://vaulteksafe.com/vaultek-vt20i/

Unless they cut my thumb off, they are not getting in or past the biometric scan. That, and its in a spot that is almost inaccessible. If they did find it- they would need tools they don't have to remove it, and have to literally destroy the wall its withign to get it out. IF they did get it off the studs, they would likely destroy the gun trying to get it out. For you "door is kicked in" scenario mind you I can go from in Bed to gun in hand in 7 seconds (yes I have timed this) .

Now IF my "16 year old* they did all of this to get their hands on a little Glock 19, and they did not destroy it while trying to remove it, then again I Failed as a father.

Not for nothing, but fingerprint scanners are garbage.
of a whole bunch of gun safes sucking, with fingerprint scanners towards the end. You can lift prints with scotch tape and super glue and load the results into photoshop to do whatever you want with, including making casts. Certainly within the realm of possibility for a bored teenager with access to youtube.

Not for nothing, but fingerprint scanners are garbage.
of a whole bunch of gun safes sucking, with fingerprint scanners towards the end. You can lift prints with scotch tape and super glue and load the results into photoshop to do whatever you want with, including making casts. Certainly within the realm of possibility for a bored teenager with access to youtube.

If my kid can do all that without me noticing I failed as a parent ... right??? Lolz

If my kid can do all that without me noticing I failed as a parent ... right??? Lolz

You're either a helicopter parent who never leaves the house and never lets teenagers out of your sight, or kids can pull this off. I don't think leaving the house for a couple of hours while your teenager is home alone is a parenting fail.

https://vaulteksafe.com/vaultek-vt20i/

Now IF my "16 year old* they did all of this to get their hands on a little Glock 19, and they did not destroy it while trying to remove it, then again I Failed as a father.

I applaud you for understanding that this is something you must actually practice as many do not however this is also not the same scenario as you being sound asleep and a mass amount of adrenaline flowing through you as well, now as you won’t really ever be able to 100 percent replicate that seconds do matter especially when you also have to secure your family safety not just the weapon.

It’s also why if you carry without one in the chamber you are special

Scumbag liar. Eric Swalwall does not at all support legislation proposing what you just mentioned. You either know this and are a piece of shit or you don't know it and you're a fucking moron, but I sorted it out in about 15 seconds of reading a goddamn Brietbart article of all things, so go back to yelling at clouds.

http://i.imgur.com/Am3gaVW.gif