Cheap windshield replacement?

hpfiend

Hey all- anyone know a place cheaper than safe lite to put a new windshield in the Subaru? I have a crack almost all the way across that is below the line of vision. It is a beater/hauler and am getting tired of looking at the crack but have tolerated it a few years now. Also don't know if it is an offense I could receive a ticket for and how much the offense would be?

Thanks,

Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supposedly there is a windshield place next to pick and pull that installs used windshields cut out of the junked cars. I've never been there but a couple of the dealers at my work go this route.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Supposedly there is a windshield place next to pick and pull that installs used windshields cut out of the junked cars. I've never been there but a couple of the dealers at my work go this route.

I have known people to use this and they were happy, especially for a beater.

Windshield place on corner of Morse rd and Westerville road. Half the price of safe lite. They do good work

This place! They have done work on several of my cars, great pricing and excellent work! If it’s a particularly expensive piece of glass like a quarter glass, they will look around for used ones if you choose.

This place! They have done work on several of my cars, great pricing and excellent work! If it’s a particularly expensive piece of glass like a quarter glass, they will look around for used ones if you choose.

and most of their other stuff is just safelite's glass. I used to do the wholesale accounts at safelite and they were one of our bigger local customers. it's not even that they're *that* much cheaper compared to anyone that isn't safelite, it's just that everyone compares prices to safelite because they're the big name and their prices are fucking outrageous. they've got all of the insurance contracts, fleet, government, etc, and they know they can jack up prices and no one is going to do anything because they're the biggest auto glass company in the world and everyone knows them. most people haven't heard of pilkington, gerber, or PPG which are still big names.