Anyone growing Superhots?

RC K9

Is anyone growing superhots this year? I have a Ghost and a Carolina reaper plant this year along with some lesser hots, and some non-hot varieties.

I'm also interested in suggestions/info on non-hot unique varieties.

This year on the pepper side what I have going is:

Carolina Reaper

Ghost

Cajun Bell

Shishito

Mariachi Hybrid

Ancho

Sweet Cubanelle

Holy Mole

Iko Iko

Black Hungarian

Do you consume the harvest or do you enjoy the growing process?

I will find something to do with the reapers and ghost. I won't be eating them raw. No way I could handle that. I am mainly just growing them for the heck of it because I have never done it before.

All the others on that list I eat one way or another. When my plants are producing peppers, I eat a lot of them. Raw, sauteed, baked in dished like chicken and sausage, etc.

I suck at growing anything, it never works out. I love eating spicy food though and keep a supply of ghost pepper powder around. I find it's an easy way to make something as hot as you want without altering the favor. Perfect for an uneducated cook like myself.

I will find something to do with the reapers and ghost. I won't be eating them raw. No way I could handle that.

It's not as bad as you think. I ate a Reaper raw at cars and coffee a while ago, someone has footage of it. The worst part isn't the eating it, it's the burning shits you have for about a day afterwards.

wife planted some Hatch and Anaheims in our backyard last weekend. Nothing super hot, just something to cook with since being a texan she cooks a lot of tex mex.

It's not as bad as you think. I ate a Reaper raw at cars and coffee a while ago, someone has footage of it. The worst part isn't the eating it, it's the burning shits you have for about a day afterwards.

wife planted some Hatch and Anaheims in our backyard last weekend. Nothing super hot, just something to cook with since being a texan she cooks a lot of tex mex.

I hit a point on the scoville scale where I am just in pain. Ears on fire, snot running out of my nose, can't stop salivating and spitting. I think a lot of it has to do with individual physiological makeup in regards to the intensity of a given pepper for a person.

I suck at growing anything, it never works out. I love eating spicy food though and keep a supply of ghost pepper powder around. I find it's an easy way to make something as hot as you want without altering the favor. Perfect for an uneducated cook like myself.

Was thinking of drying and doing just that, making a powder. Also entertaining the hot sauce avenue as well. Maybe call it, "Anal Annihilator."

Was thinking of drying and doing just that, making a powder. Also entertaining the hot sauce avenue as well. Maybe call it, "Anal Annihilator."

I made hot sauce out of a mix of hot peppers last year; Louisiana style, and man, it was SO good. It didn't last long.

I hit a point on the scoville scale where I am just in pain. Ears on fire, snot running out of my nose, can't stop salivating and spitting. I think a lot of it has to do with individual physiological makeup in regards to the intensity of a given pepper for a person.

Some of that happened to me. I don't get the ears on fire or the snot, but I am pretty sure I drank a quart of milk about 30 minutes after eating it, and I pretty much couldn't taste anything for the rest of the day. I look at eating superhots raw the same way I look at anal sex - you have to draw the line at how much shit you are willing to put up with. Up until I ate it I had drawn the line at Habaneros raw just because I had a piece of Ghost Pepper that was unbearable (like eyes watering unbearable).

Some of that happened to me. I don't get the ears on fire or the snot, but I am pretty sure I drank a quart of milk about 30 minutes after eating it, and I pretty much couldn't taste anything for the rest of the day. I look at eating superhots raw the same way I look at anal sex - you have to draw the line at how much shit you are willing to put up with. Up until I ate it I had drawn the line at Habaneros raw just because I had a piece of Ghost Pepper that was unbearable (like eyes watering unbearable).

Yeah, I can't handle Habaneros.

BTW, if you are really into peppers, specifically on the growing side, this dude down here in Dallas grows a LOT of really neat super hots and does a lot of grafting and cross pollination and such, making some of his own hybrids.

His youtube name is Khang Starr.