Kitchen Remodel?

We are just in the thinking stages of this process, but wanted to get some input. Has anyone used a contractor for a large scale kitchen/house remodel? If so, who, how did it go, and would you recommend them? It seems odd to me that rough online estimates are $15k-$150k...pretty large gap.

Thanks,

Tom

It all depends what you want. It’d be similar to asking how to build a fast Corvette.

I’ve done remodels for $3k and I’ve done them for $15k. Give us to meat here and I can give you a good answer. Size? Quality? High end? Appliances? Flooring?

It all depends what you want. It’d be similar to asking how to build a fast Corvette.

I’ve done remodels for $3k and I’ve done them for $15k. Give us to meat here and I can give you a good answer. Size? Quality? High end? Appliances? Flooring?

Brad, thanks for your response. Rough guess here, but the thought would be remove a wall and take the current 12x12 kitchen, and combine it with the 12x12 dining room, thus creating a large kitchen. The entire first floor would have all the flooring replaced as well, and new drywalled ceilings so there's that expense too. For the kitchen there would be moving of utilities, potential moving of windows, etc. Mid-high end everything would be my initial thought. I did something similar at my last house, but did all the work myself, if I remember right I was at $10k all in, but it was a much smaller space.

Thanks,

Tom

I'd guess you're looking at $25-30k based off that info. The "work" should be around $10k, but the material (cabinets, appliances, etc.) should be about $15k. I bought really high end cabinets for my latest flip but I put them together myself and it was $4300. Sucked balls but they're $6-8k cabinets assembled.