WTB: cheap car < $2k

2 Sweet

One of my brothers needs a new car. He's looking for something decent on gas, prefers GM, something automatic and FWD like an Impala or Malibu or Grand Am or whatever. Doesn't care about options, he just wants something reliable that is in good shape mechanically. He says he can spend up to $2,000 tops.

If you got something that fits the criteria, please let me know :cool:

Something like this is exactly what I'm looking for.....

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-chevy-impals/6726623713.html

Too bad I can't get a hold of the guy. When I dial the number it instantly says "call rejected" and he hasn't responded to my email. Why list a phone number that isn't accepting calls? I guess he doesn't want to sell his car......

Might have a friend who would sell his caliber for $2,000 , needs a subframe that is rusted out ... they are cheap and not hard to do on these. It is a common failure for them as well , if our interested let me k ow and I can pursue it further

Might have a friend who would sell his caliber for $2,000 , needs a subframe that is rusted out ... they are cheap and not hard to do on these. It is a common failure for them as well , if our interested let me k ow and I can pursue it further

Lol the Dodge Caliber might be the worst car ever made. Thanks anyway :)

They are covered under an extended warranty, we have them replaced on those and the compass/patriots all the time.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Wtf you think you are gonna get for sub 2k lol

I've been really lucky before in this price range. Hoping to get lucky again

If he wouldn't mind ford powered I have an 04 jaguar x type for sale. 3.0, auto, awd.

Thanks, but he seems like he's stuck on something GM

If he'd rather have an 01 Impala over this, there is no hope.

Show your brother the way...

He's not a car guy. At all. He had a Cavalier for many years that he thought was the greatest car ever, if that tells you anything :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
That Legacy for sale that I rebuilt is $1800 and was manufactured when GM owned 20% of Fuji Heavy Industries. I would rather have that over any Grand Am or Malibu that would be in that price range.

I found/bought a really nice Bonneville. Search is over. But $1800 for that Legacy is a great deal fwiw