Replacement key and fob

Johnny2theG

Do you not have a key? The only time I've used a lock smith was when I bought a truck without a key (crackhead cheap deal and I knew it was a running driving truck). If you have a key you can probably get another at a key shop, or order a blank online and have it cut anywhere with a key machine. I'd order a FOB online as well. I'm sure you can find tutorials on how to program it on youtube.

All that said, I don't know what specific car or key you have, so if it's something different than a regular key then all bets are off.

Check ebay out it may have what you need...BUT 2 caveats

1) make sure it really does work..check number etc

2) check to see what it would cost to have the dealership to program it

I have a buddy who's bought several keys from ebay and has been more than happy plus saved a ton

Thanks guys. Car is an 08 Impreza. We have a key and fob, just want an extra set. It has a transponder key so I assume I’ll have to get that programmed. I bought an eBay fob years ago and wasn’t super happy with it.

Found this place and its significantly cheaper than dealer. Not sure if anyone’s had any experience with them

https://www.keylessshop.com/carkeysmadecheapcolumbus