Kayak for the lady

El Karacho1647545492

Any kayakers on here? I've always been a canoe guy, don't know the first thing about kayaks. My lady wants one for Christmas.

She's a beginner when it comes to kayaking but relatively experienced on the water in general, as in she knows sailing basics, can use a SUP, etc. This would mostly be for joining friends on lakes in Burr Oak/Hocking Hills, cabrewing, and probably paddling around a protected cove on Lake Erie where her folks have a house.

Basic research and talking to her friends points me toward something like a Sundolphin Aruba 10. That's about the budget I'm looking for and seems to tackle her needs pretty well.

Would love some feedback or for someone to steer me elsewhere if there's a better option at that price range.

Also, where's the best place to buy? Is it Amazon like everything else, or are there brick and mortars that will have better deals?

My good friend got a great deal at Dicks during off season sales last year.

Other than that I can't really help you on brand and model. I couldn't even tell you what brand ours are just that they're for "beginners". I did use an "advanced" kayak in Florida once on vacation and it was surprisingly harder to control compared to my beginner kayak we have here.