Political dumpster fire Part III Greg and Kerry Vs CR

zeitgeist57

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said the 2013 shutdown was good. That shutdown was an attempt by Republicans to do a back-door repeal of Obamacare. Ergo, you thought an attempt to repeal Obamacare was good. Do you deny that you said that?

I'm trying not to get personal but you need to pick up your reading skills.

Go back and read what I said s-l-o-w-l-y.

I said better to no plan than a bad plan...jezzzus

For whom is it better to have no plan than a bad plan? There isn't a scenario I can think of where this would remotely be a true statement.

Was the 2013 shutdown over repealing Obamacare?

Did you support it? Do you still support it in retrospect?

And Trump is continuing to rant about his wall this morning and trying pathetically to pin the shutdown on Democrats, saying that they have "left town" and need to "get back here an [sic] fix now!"

How is the minority party supposed to reconvene a congress that the majority has sent home? What on Earth could he possibly mean with this nonsense? How am I suppose to react to this other than complete dismay that this idiot is supposed to be leading our government?

And Trump is continuing to rant about his wall this morning and trying pathetically to pin the shutdown on Democrats, saying that they have "left town" and need to "get back here an [sic] fix now!"

How is the minority party supposed to reconvene a congress that the majority has sent home? What on Earth could he possibly mean with this nonsense? How am I suppose to react to this other than complete dismay that this idiot is supposed to be leading our government?

I think your reaction is appropriate.....I worry about those who don't have similar reaction, either they don't understand how their government works or their "fuck the government" cynicism has reached a level of tolerating self harm as long as it fucks liberals, the government, or (somehow) Obama.

aaaaa in 2010 when obuma and his bad of merry men and women help majority in both houses.

Again, you may be a smart guy but your logic is sub par...follow the thread we were on about the aca-obmacare

He said liberal not libertarian.

What issues are you talking about?

I seem to see more liberals advocating for open borders than libertarians. Liberals also flip their views on subjects constantly so it’s hard to keep up with them. Essentially whatever Trump is for, they’re against regardless of what their views were prior to his Presidency. Libertarians seem to be more bipartisan than liberals though.

So the new house today is likely going to pass a spending bill to end the shutdown without funding the wall. I assume this is going to be essentially the same spending packaged that passed 100-0 in the senate last month, the one that Trump said he would sign and then at the 11th hour said he wouldn't sign after Sean Hannity called him a cuck. On Monday Mitch McConnell said he wouldn't send anything to the president that the president wouldn't sign, even though he already passed this exact spending bill, again, 100-0.

Any bets on whether or not this spending package will get a vote in the senate?