Spacers Help

Prodeje79

Searching for answers and figured post here too.

I replaced my winter rims with newer Audi rims. Brakes arent clearing. It seems spacers be my best option. Not entirely sure sure which I should get.

I have 2006 Audi A4 with pattern 5x112

I see a ton on the ECS site. Doubt I have a local option? Not sure if I should get 3mm vs 4mm etc.

My old winter rims were from a B6 and I think these are B8.

https://i.imgur.com/1ATMGba.jpg

*shivers* If you MUST do spacers, measure twice cut once. So make sure you have the right distance to clear as Aaron said then order what you need. You MIGHT some local options, I've gotten some items from Pep Boys on Morse rd that I never expected to be able to pick up locally. Obviously you'll pay a bit more for local availability if time is an issue.

Don't forget to check the wheel/tire to fender lip clearance when spacing it out. nothing worse than getting everything spaced out for clearance on the back side only to have the tire crunch the bodywork, or the lip cut a groove in the tire, on the first major bump.

Is there somewhere I can go and pay to have this done properly?

The tire shop said 1/4in to 1/2 tops.

I called ECS, they want me to rent this spacer test kit to confirm. It looks like it's practically free , well out $3 plus have to spend credit for the kit

I had another thought....Are the B8 rim bores the same size as the B6 hub? You may need hubcentric spacers if not.

I did confirm, the new rims are B8 66.6 centerbore vs my car as a B7 is 57.1 .

This is starting to be a pain just to use winter wheels?

I feel better to just do this right with this rental kit.

Or is the right thing to do is to dump these wheels and get correct ones???

I did confirm, the new rims are B8 66.6 centerbore vs my car as a B7 is 57.1 .

This is starting to be a pain just to use winter wheels?

I feel better to just do this right with this rental kit.

Or is the right thing to do is to dump these wheels and get correct ones???

nothing you are doing is super difficult, just take your time and measure twice.

As for the center bore, once you know what size spacer you need you'll need a conversion spacer like these ones:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-h-and-r-parts/dr-series-trak-hub-adapter-10mm-pair/2055571665/

or a set of conversion rings like these to work on your 57mm hubcentric spacer:

https://www.amazon.com/BLOXSPORT-Centric-Aluminum-OD66-5mm-ID57-1mm/dp/B07BK5CRVB

the fun part is once you take your time and learn what all this stuff means, you can start shopping for rims by dimension and not just fitment.

Looks like you tried to drive it? So they only interfere barely?

If you have enough lug thread engagement you likely could just grab some of the universal ones from a parts store...like: https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/dorman-autograde-5-lug-wheel-spacers-5-16-in-thick-45-in-55-in-bc-diameter-2-pack-711-914/10120493-P?searchTerm=wheel+spacer

Really looks like you could just grind the caliper mount down a touch and be good.

I mean IDK what you have in these wheels but B5 and B6 fitment wheels for winter use are stupid cheap. I think I sold the snow setup off of my B5 for like $350 with the winter tires on them when I got rid of them.

you'll spend half as much on spacers as you will finding proper offset wheels and just swapping the wheels and selling the old ones.

Spacers are a nightmare.

I feel more vested at this point since I already bought the B8 rims and ECS spacers test kit. Else I'd go ahead and throw back on my b6 set.

Just got the ECS spacer kit last night and dropped car off this morning for Tire Discounters to use. Any video I should watch or tips I should pass along to them?

Besides brakes need to also make sure doesn't hit outside fender/body when hit bumps etc.

Just a quick update, I definitely decided to not use these old tires. I do have an appointment this week with Wheel Medic to see what my spacer situation is if I keep these B8 rims. Regardless, I plan to just use my new all seasons and probably get new winter tires next winter. I appreciate everyone's help!