who can program a tpms..

Mace1647545504

I can get 4 tpms online for $78 and a relearn device for $17 and I have a buddy who will put them on/in cheap. The problem is he can't reprogram them.

What does it take to do that? Do they have to be on the vehicle to do it? What's the difference between relearn and program these things?

Can someone on here do all the above inexpensively?

Thanks

They can be programmed prior to install, actually most of the time they are because It just makes it easier than trying to get it to read through the tire. Most tire shops have a programming tool.

You relearn then to the car if you have pressure by location or if you copy the ID. If you just have a standard tpms light like I assume in a 2008 then they just need programmed and your good to go

I would install them first so they can easily be learned on the car to the correct locations.

Copying and transferring sensor IDs is some aftermarket bullshit that I don’t mess with, I’m a dealership technician so that’s what I have tools for. So long as they are direct fit sensors (which I would strongly recommend on GM vehicles, as I have seen issues) they should learn just fine.

I can only mount tires at work so if you want a one stop scenario I’m not it (unless you want to pay Dan Tobin). Most tire shops should be able to complete the task. It would be surprising to me that a tire shop would not have the proper tool to relearn TPMS, the tire monitoring has been required by law since 2008.

This is what I'm looking at:

ACDelco 13598771 GM Original Equipment Tire Pressure Sensor TPMS Set of Four (4)

on Amazon.

I have a buddy who has a small shop and he will install them but can't program them.

Do I need to buy the relearning tool also as I don't know if he has it?

PM me a price for your program service

Thanks

This is what I'm looking at:

ACDelco 13598771 GM Original Equipment Tire Pressure Sensor TPMS Set of Four (4)

on Amazon.

I have a buddy who has a small shop and he will install them but can't program them.

Do I need to buy the relearning tool also as I don't know if he has it?

PM me a price for your program service

Thanks

If you come to me I’ll program them for you, literally takes 2 minutes. I have a tool to do it with, or you could buy your own tool and do it yourself. Either way is really simple, doesn’t matter to me. Those listed should work.

Just about any Discount Tire store will program new TPMS sensors for free. The process takes very little time and effort on a GMT900 with a proper tool. There's another way, but it takes longer to do.

Yeah I didn’t even think of that, probably because I never do it. Basically you get the vehicle into learn mode (turn the key on and hold the lock and unlock buttons both down on the key fob untill the horn beeps) and start letting air out of the tires until it triggers the sensor. You have to do it in the same order you would with a tool, LF RF RR LR, when the horn beeps start letting air out of the next tire. After they’ve all been learned the horn will beep twice and you can air them back up.