Real Estate Attorney

Sully

Anyone here a RE Attorney or deals with one they trust? Long story short, the farmland (110 acres) around my house was recently sold and will be developed with 2 very large industrial buildings. Semi trucks, along with employee vehicles, will be entering and existing near my house all hours of the day and night. At this point, I doubt I'm going to be able to sell it to a regular home buyer, so I'm thinking about trying to offer my little chuck of property, that theirs surrounds, to them to purchase. I need to protect myself in the process. Looking for someone who could help with this.

I bought this house 11 years ago and have been dumping tons of money into it to make it how I want. Now I feel like I'm being ran out and I'm extremely upset and stressed over this. Any help, ideas, or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

I gotta ask, are you the one property that just sits right in the middle of this field?!

https://www.thisweeknews.com/news/20190212/canal-winchester-deal-would-open-land-for-kansas-city-development

No, the next house to the right is mine. However, those 2 houses on the left side, they both want to move. They aren't happy about this either. The entrance to the buildings would be between that 2nd house and mine.

Yeah, been here almost 1 year. The development proposal is ridiculous. You can't run logistics from that spot. It will be a nightmare.

Yeah, they're putting more warehouses over behind Kroger/Home Depot too and there's a ton of apartments and housing developments going up soon. Also, that damn hotel between Aldi and 5/3 is even stupider. It is going to look so out of place and it's totally not needed.

Yeah, they're putting more warehouses over behind Kroger/Home Depot too and there's a ton of apartments and housing developments going up soon. Also, that damn hotel between Aldi and 5/3 is even stupider. It is going to look so out of place and it's totally not needed.

The city has actually been the opposite on housing developments. They made some demands to Westport on a new community that they were trying to build that had opposition all the way up to the National Association of Home Builders national level. They are trying to implement some design standards that are just not doable on any level that wouldn't just slow housing, but actually stop it.

• 1 month later...

A little update on this. I met with a RE Agent and discussed the situation and listing the house for sale. I began getting things together with the house, cleaning, finishing up some projects, making a couple repairs, etc. I've already dropped close to $1,000 trying to get things done, along with a lot of my time. We were planning on listing within a couple weeks.

Monday, I received a call from the broker for the developer. He completely caught me off-guard and asked if I was interested in selling the property. I told him what all I was doing and planning on listing it. He asked how much I was going to list it for, and without thinking, I blurted out that amount. DOH!! We speak again yesterday and he tells me the developer has asked him to write up the contract for my asking amount.

They are trying to buy all 4 properties along Bixby Rd. They now have 2 of us willing to sell. The guy closest to me just lost both of his parents (old age), and is emotional and overwhelmed right now and doesn't want to deal with it. The person down on the corner recently lost her husband and seems to be wishy-washy about selling. She doesn't want to live close to warehouses and semi-truck traffic, but has a lot of memories there.

So, it looks like I'm selling for my asking price. No realtor, no showings, no negotiations, no bs. I have 4 months to look for a house as they want to close in August when their deal on the 110 acres is done with Canal. As of now, no more repairs or remodeling of the house. Just need to focus on decluttering and packing.

A little update on this. I met with a RE Agent and discussed the situation and listing the house for sale. I began getting things together with the house, cleaning, finishing up some projects, making a couple repairs, etc. I've already dropped close to $1,000 trying to get things done, along with a lot of my time. We were planning on listing within a couple weeks.

Monday, I received a call from the broker for the developer. He completely caught me off-guard and asked if I was interested in selling the property. I told him what all I was doing and planning on listing it. He asked how much I was going to list it for, and without thinking, I blurted out that amount. DOH!! We speak again yesterday and he tells me the developer has asked him to write up the contract for my asking amount.

They are trying to buy all 4 properties along Bixby Rd. They now have 2 of us willing to sell. The guy closest to me just lost both of his parents (old age), and is emotional and overwhelmed right now and doesn't want to deal with it. The person down on the corner recently lost her husband and seems to be wishy-washy about selling. She doesn't want to live close to warehouses and semi-truck traffic, but has a lot of memories there.

So, it looks like I'm selling for my asking price. No realtor, no showings, no negotiations, no bs. I have 4 months to look for a house as they want to close in August when their deal on the 110 acres is done with Canal. As of now, no more repairs or remodeling of the house. Just need to focus on decluttering and packing.

Damn that truly sounds like you're making out on the deal, yea you could have gotten more but since you dont have realtor fees thats going to help out quite a bit .