CR consensus on ON3 performance, and turbo or supercharger?

cstmg8

I've test driven several '15+ Sierra Denalis with the 6.2 this past week and I think I'm going to pull the trigger on one of them this week.

My plan has been instant power adder. Not looking to drop 8-10k for a race truck, just a nice boost in power for a fun family/weekend mobile.

Both the ON3 turbo kit and the torquestorm supercharger seem to fit the bill. Suggestions? I may cam it as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ON3 for a few reasons.

1) Price

2) Support the locals!

3) MO POWA at the twist of a knob

I like the idea of supporting the locals and local support.

My 6.0L truck had very little lag with a 76mm/.96ar turbo. All of my friends had cars/trucks with blowers and were very surprised how little lag it had. If you’re going for under 650whp you could do a smaller turbo and it would have no lag. Turbo is different in a 5-6000 pound truck than a 3-4000 pound car. I’d get an On3 kit and get the manifolds planed before installing so they don’t leak.

If there is such a thing as a name brand of chinaboi turbos, thats what On3 has evolved in to. I would put them just ahead of VS Racing in popularity. Good product. More than gets the job done and has more than proven all of their past critics wrong.

I remember when On3 got nothing but hate for selling Chinese turbos, now thats the only thing people run, especially in the junkyard LS world.

Haha, I get it, but look at it this way. I'm putting the forced induction on it anyway, so why not get a '17 instead of a '14. I drove some older trucks and just wasn't crazy about the surface rust, etc.....

What I'm not trying to do is spend $8k on a supercharger. That'll buy my f100.

Sounds like you need a 5.0 F-150 with a on3 twin kit
I know, I looked at that. Haven't completely written it off, but just something holding me back from the F150. Probably just wanting to stick with the GM v8 line (LS) from familiarity.

I feel like the F150 is everywhere and everyone has one, but I know in reality Silverados are just as common.