Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of birds under a lean-too?

smokin5s

I missed that part. I would be pissed too. Are there any sprays that are deterrents you can spray on the areas they like? Good luck

I wish, I put wire mesh up where they were getting in the rafters, then they just decided to perch on the truck, trailer, and ATV's instead, then this year aparently those little fuckers got themselves some wire cutters cause they have cut through some of the mesh and can get back in again. Guess I gotta get back up there and do some re-enforcement.

these require sunlight though right? Under the lean-too it's all shade (it's a large lean-too 20x50) If it doesn't need shade but just the things spinning then hell, I'll buy 3 of them lol

Like I said, they seem to work on sunny days. lol

She has them on several sides of the house. Even in shade/under their large front porch they work...sometimes. Last time I was there I noticed a nest on their front porch light but saw no birds in it and no signs of birds other than that. Same concept as the CD's.

Also the wind makes them spin and swing around. When hung around the perimeter of the porch roof and moving birds tend to avoid the area. Not sure if it's fail proof but it SEEMS to have helped as far as I can tell.

Like I said, they seem to work on sunny days. lol

She has them on several sides of the house. Even in shade/under their large front porch they work...sometimes. Last time I was there I noticed a nest on their front porch light but saw no birds in it and no signs of birds other than that. Same concept as the CD's.

Also the wind makes them spin and swing around. When hung around the perimeter of the porch roof and moving birds tend to avoid the area. Not sure if it's fail proof but it SEEMS to have helped as far as I can tell.

I went ahead and ordered them... I figure why not give it a shot, at this point, anything is worth a shot, I hate these little bastards.

my co-worker suggested the same thing lol

Why dont birds get shocked?

Birds don't get shocked when they sit on electrical wires because they are not good conductors of electricity. Their cells and tissues do not offer electrons an easier route than the copper wire they're already traveling along. As a result, the electricity bypasses the birds and keeps flowing along the wire instead.

:p

Wondering if you could run a wire (like an electric fence line) that would pulse electricity to shock the birds if they light on the cross beams?

Or I’d think fitting the birds with shock collars and then zapping them when they get under the lean to would probably teach them quickly not to be under there.