Toyota frame repair

Forrest Gump 9

I’ve recently picked up an 04 Tacoma 4x4, V6, 5 speed, e-locker, and factory supercharged. The frame was rusty and after cleaning the frame up I found two holes (about 1.5”) on the side of the frame. Just wondering if there is any local place that specializes in frame repair that you guys would recommend? Thank you in advance

All I can say is a friend on Lane Rd. bought a used '08 Tacoma with over 100k miles on it a couple of years ago...

...and TOYOTA REPLACED THE WHOLE FRAME UNDER WARRANTY.

I lied on my back and looked at that beautiful frame, with factory stickers and markings, with new bolts and body mounts and I must've expressed my amazement a dozen times that they actually did the job.

Sorry, my friend - I see dat truck when I drive by. Looks great otherwise. I wish I had help to give here. If you need a Harbor Freight welder, I'm your neighbor.

The frame replacement is expired. It’s 15 years from the day the vehicle was bought.

I thought it was 12 years...while looking for a dog hauler I looked at a few toyotas. One was an 06 at germain. I crawled underneath it and sure enough you could see holes in the frame. So I told the salesman about it and got the response.."well it's an 06 in ohio ..what do you expect". I then told him about the frame problems and he looked at me like I was stupid and told him the recall had expired on the vehicle.

Spoke to a guy with an 04 4runner and he had never heard of the recall.

Lastly, looked at another 4runner..I forget what year, but it had some kind of gooey crap all over the frame..got my ball peen out started tapping around and rusty crap began falling off it.

Yeah it is sad how many dont seem to know about the (past) recall. Every one of these Tacomas should have been taken in and gotten this done.

However, like I assume in Gumps case, it made for a sweet deal on the truck and those willing to get their hands dirty can score some nice stuff for nothing.

All I can say is a friend on Lane Rd. bought a used '08 Tacoma with over 100k miles on it a couple of years ago...

...and TOYOTA REPLACED THE WHOLE FRAME UNDER WARRANTY.

I lied on my back and looked at that beautiful frame, with factory stickers and markings, with new bolts and body mounts and I must've expressed my amazement a dozen times that they actually did the job.

Sorry, my friend - I see dat truck when I drive by. Looks great otherwise. I wish I had help to give here. If you need a Harbor Freight welder, I'm your neighbor.

Thank you Clay. I have an appointment this Monday to see how bad the frame is. We’ll go from there.