CTS V-Sport

l36tols1

I thought their heyday was 59-69..the 70s on onto 2004 sucked.

70s and 80 cars were under-powered and don't get me started on the cimmaron

The 90s ushered in the northstar which when brand new were great but if the engine wasn't taken care of it overheated and crapped out.

Cadillac certainly was "The Brand" in those times, but I don't know that the cars were all that great. Lincoln and Imperial were way more innovative, even MB had way more tech in their cars as well, but Cadillac coasted by mostly on styling and name. Compare a 1962 cadillac to a 1962 lincoln suicide door vert and you'll always come away thinking the lincoln is the better car. Compare any 60's one to any 60's imperial and you'll wonder why the imperials aren't more well known for how great and weird they are.

I think the 2004 to 2014 CTS-V cars were probably the best Cadillacs that Cadillac ever made, and proved they could compete in a european dominated luxury market, something Lincoln and Chrysler failed at many times.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Wonder what the price point will be on these new V cars once deprecation hits. I'm interested. If it's anything like the V-Sport. Count me in.... reliability pending.

I would be interested in seeing that too, esp on the ATS-V. I was a skeptic for a long time on the ATS-V, I mean if it doesn't have a V8, why waste the V badge on it, right? plus it was a complex car and as a rule GM and complex are sometimes a recipe for disaster.

That said, after looking at one at cars and coffee on sat, I am starting to come around on the car. It was a stick, compact sedan, that made 464 hp, and to me the only missing piece was were they reliable? now that some time has passed (first models were 2016) they are seeming to be fairly reliable so it would be interesting to see where they are in value when they hit the 5 year mark.

I either never heard this coming, or totally forgot that GM was making this happen. That's a really handsome fullsize sedan.

I'm excited for these new cars, but somewhat disappointed that GM continues to suck at hyping up decent cars (except for the Corvette) that they're making.