Core Charge ProTip

If you are buying something with a core charge on it from a parts store, buy it online. When you buy it online there is a loophole and you will get your tax money back from them. if you buy something in store with a core charge of $100 you pay $107 after taxes for that core, then you return it, and you only get $100 back due to state of Ohio laws apparently. However, if you buy online you get $107 back free and clear.

2016-03-07-1457387813-3802365-PHOTO2-thumb.jpeg

p.s. if you buy parts online at advance auto, you can almost always find a coupon for 25% off.

This isnt the case-At JEGS at least... We do not return core tax on cores no matter if bought online, over the phone or in the retail store.

The only time you get FULL core credit back is when you return the product New and Unused.

I usually just bring the broken part with me to the store before I buy and they don't charge me the core charge or tax me on the core charge at all.

Also it allows me to match it up with the part they are giving me before I buy.

I usually just bring the broken part with me to the store before I buy and they don't charge me the core charge or tax me on the core charge at all.

Also it allows me to match it up with the part they are giving me before I buy.

^ This

As long as you know they have the part in stock

on a $150 part, with a $200 core charge, they are for sure getting a part back.

Duh. I’m not that dumb Gerg. A lot of core charges are $10-20, or I typically buy new when I can and those typically don’t have core charges anyway.

Duh. I’m not that dumb Gerg. A lot of core charges are $10-20, or I typically buy new when I can and those typically don’t have core charges anyway.

This. We have at any given time $40-80k wrapped up in cores at work. Any time I can push a product in to a coreless item, I do it.

Turbos and injectors are my money maker. New Garrett, Holset or Borg Warner for 30% less then a remanfactured CAT, Cummins, Detroit or Navistar product.