Junkyards

Avenger1647545502

Depending on what you are hunting, I am now using "Row52.com" to set up alerts for specific cars. Not perfect, but it caters towards the self service yards, often has a pic and VIN of the vehicle and gives you a good chance of getting to it before everyone else.

Marshall's Auto Parts down here. The wait time can be atrocious but they tend to always have what I need and have fair prices.

Looking for self-pull yards in central Ohio area

I went to Marshalls at 10am on a freakin Tuesday and still had to wait over three hours just for a seat

Depending on what you are hunting, I am now using "Row52.com" to set up alerts for specific cars. Not perfect, but it caters towards the self service yards, often has a pic and VIN of the vehicle and gives you a good chance of getting to it before everyone else.

^ this

Thank you for saying exactly what I said but different.

He's looking for a self-pull yard, and for whatever reason, you suggested Marshall's. That's the complete opposite of what he wants lol. But since you brought them up, I figured I would share my experience.

For those who have never been to Marshall's, you walk in, tell them what you want, then sit down and wait....and wait...and wait....then when it's finally your turn, they want you to visibly see the part before they take the time to pull it. So you get in one of their shitbox yard trucks, in my case it was some busted ass Explorer with no windows and mud caked all over the interior, and ride shotgun as they take you offroading through their trails until you finally get to the vehicle you're looking for. Then if you give them the OK to pull the part, they take you back up front and you wait some more until they bring the part up front to take home.

For the bench seat I bought, it was totally worth it. But I definitely prefer self-pull yards.

Yeah, that's fair. I'd missed the preference of the self pull so my bad on that. Just tried to offer up a yard where you can typically find a part but I agree with all you said.

I've never rode back with them. Weird. Maybe it depends on the part or maybe it's changed since I last went. It's been awhile.

Yeah, that's fair. I'd missed the preference of the self pull so my bad on that. Just tried to offer up a yard where you can typically find a part but I agree with all you said.

I've never rode back with them. Weird. Maybe it depends on the part or maybe it's changed since I last went. It's been awhile.

Good point, it probably depends on the part. I guess if you need a mechanical part where aesthetics aren't important, they probably won't ask you to put your eyes on it first.