Landscape crew

Tractor

I cut a place out of the woods here in coastal south carolina and so far haven't really done much with the yard. I'm planning things now and have lots of different grasses coming in from the wild. There's one type of grass growing here now that we like, but everything else is fighting for survival. Any ideas how to help it take over? I'm playing around with weed/grass killer now, but figured someone else knows a better way.

Also anyone know what this is we like it and it doesn't seem to grow higher than 1/2 to 1" so perfect for me, I hate mowing.

thumbnail_20190728_143628_zpsut8pfdot.jpg

The old town of Calabash is a very nice little community. Though it's suffering from the same huge number of new build sub divisions as the rest of the country now and will soon be one big traffic jam.

The old town of Calabash is a very nice little community. Though it's suffering from the same huge number of new build sub divisions as the rest of the country now and will soon be one big traffic jam.

Thats OK, I'll be retired and in no hurry.