Winter beater $1,200 with heat & a/c - 1995 Honda Civic

10phone2

Well gents and chatbox it has time to part with fine piece of automotive history. We bought the car for my wife to daily downtown since who would care if someone hit it. She no longer works downtown and she has a new car now. I have used it to haul 200-300 bags of cements, wood for a deck, etc and never let me down. I'm convinced it's impossible to get pulled over in the car hauling things from lowes.

The good: (it's a winter beater thats $1,200 and lowish mileage for the price range)

- replaced entire exhaust system including header with an ebay kit (cheap route)

- new distributor

- new braided fuel lines and fuel pump

- new battery

- has heat and a/c that blows cold. Only time when the a/c doesn't work is when the button to turn it on is being goofy

- new front tires and backs are still in decent shape

- dead reliable and great in the snow

- 133k ish miles

- never been beat on since it's an auto and slower than god

The bad:

- has rust on the rockers and quarter panel. One of the previous owners did a bondo job that seemed like a good idea

- front windshield has a spider web crack from me hauling wood from lowes. Its fine for now, doesn't impact view, but should be replaced down the road

- drivers outside and inside door handles have cracked, but still work

Onto the show:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183986546@N07/shares/36041A

I'm guessing mid to uppper 30's at a minimum. When I did daily it, I would only fill it up every week to two which cost $20. The commute would be from gahanna to bexley in the morning for tennis and gahanna to new albay for work. My wife just confirmed that gahanna to high st for week she would fill up once a week if that.