CCW Class?

Bigbird

Hey all, my sister-in-law is very interested in getting her concealed carry. All of the human trafficking in town has her freaked. I'm obviously not there any more, but the place I did it back in 2012 is no longer around. But it was very in-depth and had a lot of range time. I'd prefer to refer her to something like that, rather than a quick easy class. She doesn't have a lot of experience with firearms. Thanks for the help!

Whatever you do PLEASE recommend further training. CCW training and paper range time is a joke for self defense scenarios. 8 hours of classroom training teaching the difference between rimfire and centerfire ammo then 200 rounds of shooting a paper target does nothing to prepare one for self defense.

I am still teaching. Have a class Jan 11.

Joe's class is great. I did a class years ago, then later my wife wanted to do a class. Joe invited me to sit in on the class with her. The class I took was okay at best. It fitted the bill to get my ccw license. I was far more impressed with Joe's class. Also, my wife had trouble with my H&K pistol, so he got one of his personal pistols out for her to use. Also, it was cold, she was exhausted from a long week and her eyesight was acting up because of how tired she was. She could not pass the shooting test because she could not get her eyes to focus on the target. Joe rescheduled some time for her to come back out when it was warmer and she could focus. She passed no problem at that point. I cannot say enough about Joe's classes.

I took Joe's course a while back and highly recommend it. Very informative, smaller class size so you can actually ask questions and get something out of it. The classes I've taken in the past always seemed like they wanted as many people there as possible to make the most amount of money on each class.