Aftermarket wheel center caps...how to measure/order?

zeitgeist57

For my Volvo, I got some 19"s that have a 67mm center opening (66.9 on my HF digital calipers). I absolutely hate the look of wheels without center caps, but in researching caps I'm finding that there's an O.D. and I.D. So, if I search Amazon for 67mm caps, they usually have a 61mm inner diameter for the clips.

AJSnRJFl.jpg

Does anyone have experience with how these caps are properly measured or ordered? I really don't even care about an emblem (plain silver would be fine). Thanks!

Is there a lip inside where the clips hit, or is yours a smooth 67mm all the way through?

Those look similar to the drags I replaced center caps on a few years ago. EBay caps and decals.a40ddddfcab3aac6af6471c85ec75bf9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you can get me some measurements, I could probably 3d print you some custom logo ones if you like. I just printed a similar cap for the swing-arm pivot on my BMW motorcycle so I have a generic cap file I can work from.

Thanks, guys. I didn't notice the comments from yesterday to today.

Stock caps are slightly smaller...call it 65mm? They just fall into the void.

Shaun, there is a slight ridge that technically would be wider than 67mm by a hair all around. That pic looks perfect, where the tabs could be bent slightly outwards to clip in.

https://www.ebay.com/i/163788204055?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=163788204055&targetid=541454149812&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9014901&poi=&campaignid=6470552634&mkgroupid=81274458647&rlsatarget=pla-541454149812&abcId=1139336&merchantid=8227724&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwdK5ttuu5gIVoINaBR0ESQ42EAQYBCABEgKohPD_BwE

These look like they clip in and would be at the perfect depth from the wheel face.

Thanks for the offer, Kerry - if I can get eBay/Amazon parts I'm going to go that direction.