Boxster Spyder - $105k???

zeitgeist57

I like OneTake's, and was enjoying Matt's drive with the 2020 Boxster Spyder in the background while I was working on my other laptop...

$105,000?!??!1

Damn...I know I'm getting older, but 250hp Boxsters are for sale all day long for less than $20k. Is a 414hp Boxster REALLY that special for 5-6x the cost of a well-sorted used one?

#newcarpricesLOL

a brand new base boxster is still a $60K proposition with options bringing it right around to $75K.

the only boxsters as cheap as you describe are the 9-10 year old cars that are going to need something. I don't think even the oldest 981's (2012) are touching below $30K yet.

That said I really don't understand the porka market, but that said, a $25K premium on a sports car that already left it's entry level price behind 2 generations ago doesn't seem that unreasonable.

Is a 414hp Boxster REALLY that special for 5-6x the cost of a well-sorted used one?

#newcarpricesLOL

considering 99% of em will putt around in traffic <20% throttle? NOPE!

Older Boxsters are really excellent toys for $10-$15k if you want a non-4 banger mid-engined car... because you have almost no options in that segment.

What additional work (if any) did you have to do to it?

None. The guy had it at a dealership in columbus and I watched the price go down after a few months. I knew he'd be negotiable. I also made a ridiculously low offer because I wasn't really interested in buying the car at that time. He just happened to accept.