Gun goals 2020

Mojoe

Let's see if there is any life left in this sub forum.

This isn't meant to bash what anyone posts. As shooters, our skill level and priorities change. For me, I have a few other things I want to do with firearms, so I have some plans.

I'm on a rimfire kick right now, so that's the influence.

Ordered today, Ruger precision in .17 HMR, to be suppressed and used with an ATN 4K pro for skunks, coons, coyotes and other small game. When not shooting at night, it will likely have a Nikon Monarch 6x24 on it. Yes, the scope is about the size of the gun.

As of now, the next project will be a Kel Tek CMR30, to be suppressed as well, with Vortex dot. Possibly having the barrel shortened.

I'm having a hard time not commiting to a Bergara BXR in carbon fiber. I just can't get away from the 10/22 platform and really like this gun. I already have a silly bull barrel 10/22 that shoots dandelion stems at 100 yards, the BXR just needs to happen. For now though, they are a new release and hard to come by, so that my be later in the year.

I'm working closer to home now, after 20 months of a 140 mile round trip commute, so my hope to to have a bit more range time and talk firearms a bit more. If there's anything I might be able to help with, free free to ask. If I don't know I'll tell you I don't. If I can help you, I'll let you know.

Looking forward to reading what you all are working on.

Edited by Mojoe

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Likely little to no new projects or purchases this year for me unless there is truly a deal or I decide to swap up inventory as in sell/trade something for something new, but pretty unlikely as I did a ton of that the last year or so and very happy with my current collection.

As far as training, etc. the priority of my time will be spent with indoor pistol shooting with the wife to prepare for hopefully more USPSA pistol matches. I did 4 + one training seminar last year and really want to do more. Not trying to be a Master or anything but I'd like to be competitive local maybe take down a stage sometime? haha

With that in mind I might upgrade my p320 to the x-five legion pistol for carry optics but that will more or less be a swap + a few hundred so not a huge budget concern.

I would like to find the time and place to take my 6.5 creedmoor out at some serious range to see what it can do. With higher range factory ammo and without a ton of time or effort I shot a 0.5 MOA group would love to see it at 500+

I'm pretty happy with the Ruger Precision in 6.5 Creedmoor. I was able to ring steel at 1000 yards at Rayner's the one time I went out. I've had it in the back of my mind to go out to Thunder Valley and see if I can make it happen at a mile. I'm not really interested in completing with anyone but myself, so I guess my plan is to keep working on my shooting skills and my reloading skills.

I still have it in the back of my mind to build an AR in .224 Valkerie. I wanted to this last summer and never got the time. Maybe this summer I'll make it happen.

I'd like to buy another range pistol, not sure yet but probably another sig. I'd like it to be something I can carry.

Definitely want to get the wife to Joe's class and get our permits.

Other goal is to figure out storage at the house and get my dad's guns up here to be cleaned up and in good working order. They've been stored away at my in-laws since he passed.

I'd like to shoot some clays this year.

Lastly, not exactly gun related, but I've been itching to get a bow out again. I used to really enjoy target shooting.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Shaun, you reminded me that a Sig 365XL is on my shortlist too.

I'm far too committed to crossbow now. I had an interest in doing some compound shooting, but that's not happening any time soon.

Let me know if I can be of help with the cleaning. I revamped all my gun cleaning gear two months ago and went with this kit, now I have two gun vise. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076CW7KWR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There's a good bit of diversity in the interest posted. Sparks new ideas.

Side note: Ammo, I was reorganizing last night and found 4000 rounds of .22 I forgot about and a case of 9mm.

Is anyone shooting .17 HMR? I found a pretty stupid deal yesterday.

I'm far too committed to crossbow now. I had an interest in doing some compound shooting, but that's not happening any time soon.

Let me know if I can be of help with the cleaning. I revamped all my gun cleaning gear two months ago and went with this kit, now I have two gun vise. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076CW7KWR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have you handled the 365? I honestly wasn't the biggest fan personally. Everyone seems to love them. I rock a 938 for my 'pocket' most day carry piece and will carry the 320 in certain scenarios or in the winter a lot. I guess maybe if I didn't have both those already the 365 would be more appealing? Idk. I'm sure its a great gun just didn't really seem to fit the bill for me.

I wasn't in the market for any more purchases after my most recent but man, Vance's (ugh) has some deals right now.

I too need more ammo. Used a Rural King gift card to buy some once I went hoping for a good light and all of the ONE they had in stock was lol.

My brother has a .17 HMR. I've shot his plenty but I don't shoot it on the reg really.

At this point I do not have any new purchases planned but since I like neat old stuff you never know.

Since I am casting and reloading my main calibers, I just need some extra supplies next time I go to FFF.

I do plan on taking some more classes this year. Unfortunately the carbine class I was signed up for last week got cancelled due to not enough interest.

Have you handled the 365? I honestly wasn't the biggest fan personally. Everyone seems to love them. I rock a 938 for my 'pocket' most day carry piece and will carry the 320 in certain scenarios or in the winter a lot. I guess maybe if I didn't have both those already the 365 would be more appealing? Idk. I'm sure its a great gun just didn't really seem to fit the bill for me.

I like the 12 round capacity in the same size as a Glock 43. I’ve had one in my hands, but not shot one yet.

I like that kit. I'll probably pick one up when I get to that point. It'll be easier than sorting through all of his out dated stuff.

He didn't really have any high dollar guns, just usable stuff.

We have the whole set of Remington 1100's, a Spartan coach gun, Marlin 22LR, lever action 30-30, 233, etc.....

Mostly things I bought him through the years and would like to hang on to.

I like that kit. I'll probably pick one up when I get to that point. It'll be easier than sorting through all of his out dated stuff.

He didn't really have any high dollar guns, just usable stuff.

We have the whole set of Remington 1100's, a Spartan coach gun, Marlin 22LR, lever action 30-30, 233, etc.....

Mostly things I bought him through the years and would like to hang on to.

If you decide not to hang on to anything let me know please. I'll trade you a bottle of scotch finished in rum barrels with some cash or something.

I joined a range/gun club here not far from home late last year, so I plan to shoot a lot more this year. My wife also bought me my very first AR-15 for Xmas, which was a surprise. I've shot plenty of them with friends, but now have my own to play with/work on (S&W Sport 2).

I plan to continue improving my pistol proficiency, and to get the wife more comfortable as well. Also strongly considering buying a Ruger Mark 4, but currently have a Mark 3 (Bull Barrel Target Model in Stainless) that I'd like to sell first. If anyone is interested please let me know. I will always have a .22 pistol and my current Ruger has been sweet.

Joe, I'd be interested in HMR .17 deals and would like to stock up if your deal is still good.

Joe, I'd be interested in HMR .17 deals and would like to stock up if your deal is still good.

With shipping, 1000 rounds came out to $131. $.13 a round, when most deals are $.17+ shipping. $6.55 for 50 rounds is another way to see it’s a deal.

Edited by Mojoe

With shipping, 1000 rounds came out to $131. $.13 a round, when most deals are $.17+ shipping. $6.55 for 50 rounds is another way to see it’s a deal.

Thanks! Shipping to me actually came out to $127. Best deal I've seen also.

Edited by Mojoe
Bad link

To go shoot at least once a month.

Got a membership at LEPD Range's "Black Friday" sale - Level II membership and get a free or discounted gun from their list. Picked up a free Ruger MKIII and now need to go and keep practicing.

May look into a league if work travel settles down enough...