Gun goals 2020

Mojoe

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone not running an AR9 or having not shot one, you are missing out. Absolutely one of the most fun guns I have shot for the money. There are several makes out there, but when set up to take Glock mags, I think it's great to pair up with a 9mm Glock.

Anyone not running an AR9 or having not shot one, you are missing out. Absolutely one of the most fun guns I have shot for the money. There are several makes out there, but when set up to take Glock mags, I think it's great to pair up with a 9mm Glock.

Suggestions for what to use for a build? I might be swayed to make a poor financial decision here...

It's apples to oranges, but I had a Hi Point 9mm carbine years ago that I enjoyed immensely, let alone the amount of enjoyment possible from a higher quality firearm. Putting an AR9 together seems like a great way to get more rounds down range cheaply, as well as satiate the desire to build and tinker.

Yeah, an AR9 is lol at the prices of most that I've seen. No more fun than a HP 995ts for WAY more money. I like a good 9mm carbine but I wouldn't pay that much (I haven't seen a LOT of them to be fair) for one personally.

...maybe that's another thing I'm just too poor to see the value in.

Edited by Otis Nice

Not the most budget friendly 9mm carbine or "pistol" for sure. Pretty much going to be $800-$1200 or more depending on what one you are looking at and what is included.

Fun little guns and very well made though. I highly recommend both the pistol/carbine. Haven't shot the newer "Micro" version but I assume it handles very similar to the pistol variant honestly. It looks cool but don't really see it as a major upgrade over the regular pistol version.

Yikes, I stepped away from here a minute and didn't see all the AR9 interest.

Alex, my reply was not targeted to your post, it just came after your post.

Here's all I'm saying on the AR9 or 9mm "rifle/carbine" configurations. It is simply a fun shooter. There are dozens of more practical guns for people to buy. I got into my AR9 for a few hundred and had no real quality or accuracy expectations. Around Christmas, 3 years ago, Palmetto State Armory was running a deal on a lower that came with 40 Glock mags. That's a fuck ton of Glock mags, even if they were not from Glock. The lower was $2xx. The upper was on sale too for around $300, so I bought them. Changed out the butt stock and threw a Vortex red dot on there that I had laying around, and damn if I don't shoot that thing all the time. I have not had a failure with it either. I was expecting sub par performance and accuracy. I'm hitting "rabbit size" targets at 90 yards, with a 9mm and a dot, with no magnification. I have thousands of rounds through it now and have upped it to considering it a reliable gun. Likely would be the wife's go to gun if needed. Other AR's are not "fun" for her. Percussion, recoil and weight are all factors that many ladies dislike. Hell, originally I said it was her gun so she would shoot and not have all those factors. Now, well I'm just keeping it dialed in.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-gen4-16-9mm-1-10-lightweight-m-lok-classic-rifle-5165450028.html

I have shot the Scorpion and man, that's a fun gun! The cost and "pistol" aspect of it have kept me from owning one.

I've messed around with a few drills, transitioning from the AR9 to a Glock pistol. There is something to be said for one round for the pistol and rifle. The limits of the 9mm round are what they are. Essentially this configuration was what the UN wanted with the request for a round that could be fired from the rifle and pistol. The FN5.7 and the PS90 brought that together, but it didn't take hold as they had hoped.

If I may.... you want a 9mm PCC? stribog... it’s a great Gun.

Do they run a proprietary mag? It looks like a fun shooter and the price is not terrible. I only did a quick look into them. Threaded barrel is great. The pistol thing just isn't a world I have played in. Need these damn ATF grey areas to go away. Let us have SBR's and suppressors without the paperwork.

Do they run a proprietary mag? It looks like a fun shooter and the price is not terrible. I only did a quick look into them. Threaded barrel is great. The pistol thing just isn't a world I have played in. Need these damn ATF grey areas to go away. Let us have SBR's and suppressors without the paperwork.

Proprietary mags. But only cost 20.00

I have the pistol w/tailhook. Fantastic. Shoots like a rifle.

Build with a Glock mag compatible AR lower. The use SMG mags as well and they are rather expensive. So if you have a G19, G17, G34 or 33 round mag, you will be able to use what you already have.

I built an AR9 with a Quarter circle 10 lower when QC first came out. Now, lower and upper sets are dirt cheap so it would be easier to build. I have a Green Mountain 10.5 barrel that shoots amazing for cheap.

If you want something that is truly fun to shoot B&T SMG APC9 SD that has an integrated suppressor setup from the factor. Great shooting, nice little package for $2800.00.

Yikes, I stepped away from here a minute and didn't see all the AR9 interest.

Alex, my reply was not targeted to your post, it just came after your post.

Here's all I'm saying on the AR9 or 9mm "rifle/carbine" configurations. It is simply a fun shooter. There are dozens of more practical guns for people to buy. I got into my AR9 for a few hundred and had no real quality or accuracy expectations. Around Christmas, 3 years ago, Palmetto State Armory was running a deal on a lower that came with 40 Glock mags. That's a fuck ton of Glock mags, even if they were not from Glock. The lower was $2xx. The upper was on sale too for around $300, so I bought them. Changed out the butt stock and threw a Vortex red dot on there that I had laying around, and damn if I don't shoot that thing all the time. I have not had a failure with it either. I was expecting sub par performance and accuracy. I'm hitting "rabbit size" targets at 90 yards, with a 9mm and a dot, with no magnification. I have thousands of rounds through it now and have upped it to considering it a reliable gun. Likely would be the wife's go to gun if needed. Other AR's are not "fun" for her. Percussion, recoil and weight are all factors that many ladies dislike. Hell, originally I said it was her gun so she would shoot and not have all those factors. Now, well I'm just keeping it dialed in.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-gen4-16-9mm-1-10-lightweight-m-lok-classic-rifle-5165450028.html

I have shot the Scorpion and man, that's a fun gun! The cost and "pistol" aspect of it have kept me from owning one.

I've messed around with a few drills, transitioning from the AR9 to a Glock pistol. There is something to be said for one round for the pistol and rifle. The limits of the 9mm round are what they are. Essentially this configuration was what the UN wanted with the request for a round that could be fired from the rifle and pistol. The FN5.7 and the PS90 brought that together, but it didn't take hold as they had hoped.

I didn't take your post as being targeted. Sounds like you've had a good experience with yours. More incentive to put one together.

Shoot more Clay's

Try to get out to USPSA at briar to get back into it this year.

Build 6.5cm bolt for long range.

Good luck with your 'goals' you will love 6.5cm for sure. Not sure what kind of budget you are on but my Savage M10 FPC is nasty for the money.

I'm probably going to go with a Tikka. I'll let my glass eat my money first and take it from there.

Tikka is a great choice. Out of the box one of the best factory guns that I've shot. If not, get a cheap 700 action and send it to Short Action up north. They will get you set up with an amazing rifle for a great price.

thank to my dad, anthony green, and just wanting to have something other to spend money on than just cars, ive been on a gun buying spree lately lol. ive had a 10/22 for a few years and picked up a kel tec pf9 off of paul brower about a year ago for a carry gun.

in the last 3 months though ive picked up a m&p sport 2 ar 15, mossberg/maverick 88 12 gauge shot gun, springfield 1911 a1 legend edition with a bomar (sp?) rear adjustable sight and a fiber optic front, and just a couple days ago i decided to upgrade my carry gun and picked up an m&p shield 9mm m2.0.