Recommendations: Dash Cam

KillJoy

What all do you use?

Looking for something powered by the car, and constantly looping (prefer one that would hard lock a file during an impact). A Front and Rear Combo would be even better. Would like something that can take SD Cards (or whatever).

Thanks! :thumbup:

KillJoy

I just have some $30 Pilot brand one and it always works, overwrites as it goes, ect. Just set it and forget it.

That said, while it gets the job done, better quality would be nice especially if the weather is not perfect out.

This was the last time I even 'got something' (disregard the date - since fixed that). I think I just got it off to post on here lol

I have the Blackvue DR650s-2ch and I really like it. That said they are a bit on the more expensive side but I got it because its so tiny and doesn't have a screen on it. Ive had this set for I dunno 3-5 years now? 1080p front and 720 rear, wifi etc. I also got the powermagic pro as well to run it in parking mode.

I have a Rexing V1.

its great did a online review for the company and they sent me a free 32 gig sd card for free.

is looping, does 1080p at 30fps and cost $50

I have it mounted to my gopro mount and provided power cord was long enough to hide the cable to the center console where I have a 12v port to plug it in.

https://www.amazon.com/Rexing-V1-Basic-Recorder-Recording/dp/B07RLTXMWS/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=rexing+v1+dash+cam&qid=1583346228&sr=8-5

NQHU0nN.jpg?1

Interested. Question- with the camera writing over the same info over and over, is there a decrease in quality after while? I am old enough to remember VCR tapes which is not a fair comparison but I am still curious. Thanks

Interested. Question- with the camera writing over the same info over and over, is there a decrease in quality after while? I am old enough to remember VCR tapes which is not a fair comparison but I am still curious. Thanks

Its digital, it either works or it doesn't. Yes, write cells can degrade over time but I doubt the vehicle would last long enough for the card to need replacing.