Where to go to fix work done by Achbach?

evan9381

Long story short, I had a rock chip on my bike (bicycle, not moto) that was pissing me off because it was black sticking through red paint. Knowing Achbach gets a lot of praise, I took the part there to get the rock chip fixed and repainted. First I was told 3-5 days. 2 weeks later I call and they tell me it's not done. Wednesday (19 days later) I get the call that it's done, go in, and see that they cleared over a piece of protective tape that I had put on another section to protect from rock chips. Get told that everyone was out to lunch and she'd have someone call me. 2 days, nothing, call today, talk to Dan, and he gives me an excuse that no one thought to remove it, they thought it was a decal, and it can't come out now. So i have a piece of 3m tape that should be removable in case I need to replace it later with a fresh piece, sealed in by clearcoat. No offer from the shop to fix this. I'm quite irritated as I'd probably live with the rock chip if it meant not having a piece of protective tape locked in with clearcoat. 😡

No. A) it's carbon and b) i want it to look how it does. It's just gonna need the clear tape removed and probably have the clear sanded down and recleared.

Did you do this all over the phone or in person with dan ?

Just curious why if over the phone you took the product and paid if it was not done correct to the expectations

Did you do this all over the phone or in person with dan ?

Just curious why if over the phone you took the product and paid if it was not done correct to the expectations

Because he refused to correct it when I called him to discuss the issue. It' been 3 weeks today on a "3-5 day" project and I needed the part back so I can go elsewhere to get their fuck up fixed, so I went and paid to get it back and I'll work on getting my money back for services not received at a later time.

Edit - image of clearcoat over protective tape -

https://imgur.com/a/GNnihtj