Covid Unemployment benefits?

Benner

Anybody else dealing with this stupid shit? Been temporarily laid off since April 6th. Have yet to get my claim approved. Keep getting a notice that information is needed/missing. unable to get into the full claim on the website after its submitted to see what's missing or incorrect. Spent 2 hours on the phone the other day and was supposed to have been straightened out. Received the same message yesterday that information was still missing. Been trying to contact them for the last hour today so far and haven't even gotten to the hold menu.

Luckily we've had some money held back so we aren't hurting financially yet but money is starting to run low. I have my return date set form Monday the 4th and my worry is that if i don't get this squared by then I won't be eligible for retro pay back to April 6th when i started unemployment.

Shit isn't stupid with me: payments have been semi-regular (a weekday or two apart for each week with average of Wednesday), website works just fine, phone was a longer wait, but no big deal (I was able to reset PIN and to initiate benefits on the phone assisted by a clerk).

Shit isn't stupid with me: payments have been semi-regular (a weekday or two apart for each week with average of Wednesday), website works just fine, phone was a longer wait, but no big deal (I was able to reset PIN and to initiate benefits on the phone assisted by a clerk).

It's wearing me out. I did everything online initially (as i always do). Not sure if I mistypes something or what but it's been nuts. I'm currently on hold with them now. Both people i've spoken with have not been sure what's going on. The second lady rather than emailing their support center transferred me to them so I can speak directly. I'm hoping this takes care of it. I've never had to claim unemployment in my life and hope i never have to again after this fiasco

The trick is to set up unemployment before you are unemployed :p it takes a few weeks for it to be approved even if there are no mistakes.

I've had no issues thus far, even received the retroactive bonus already.

Update time

After 3 hours on the phone it should be squared away. for some reason it never even made it to the determination stage. the lady i spoke with got everything taken care of and pushed it through to the final determination stage. Now i just have to play the waiting game. There were multiple issues for some reason and she couldn't even tell me why some of the information was an issue. hopefully this gets it all taken care of.

I didn't go the unemployment route and since I'm a Contractor and business I could go the PPP loan route. That was a mess but still pretty painless and I got funded in about 3 weeks. Most of it was the .Gov trying to figure out exactly how to do it.