Where to buy ammo online?

Johny Utah

I used to buy freedom often but they had a bunch of bad QC incidents so I’ve shied away from there for now.

Anyone got the skinny on 458 socom/50 Beowulf in a reasonable quantity? I don’t want to drop a ton on cases but not get nickle and dimed on a box here and there either.

I used to buy freedom often but they had a bunch of bad QC incidents so I’ve shied away from there for now.

For 5-6 years now, I have used their 9mm and .223 almost exclusively for range and never had an issue. Also, their 6.5CM deals and ammo have been good.

I had a few squibs in 45, contacted their CS and was basically told to pound sand. I started asking around and there were many other reports of similar issues so I’ve opted to voice my concern with my $. Hopefully they work out well for you, they didn’t for me.

Edit: to be fair I’ve never had an issue with any of my 9, haven’t touched any of the 40 yet but the 45 I won’t use anymore. I’ve also moved what I have left in all calibers from them to the back of the SHTF pile.

Yes, I want to use it for home defense.

It's intended for that purpose, so it will work fine. All the JHP rounds are designed to expand but Federal seems to be doing the best at getting their rounds to not over-penetrate. I love 147's too and prefer them to 115, 124 and 165 (for people who have stamps). Shoot a good 147 and practice with it. Buy a few boxes to learn to shoot with HST 147 if you are used to shooting something like 115 ball ammo. There is a slight difference.