Lawsuit over the Ford MT82 transmission

BuckeyeROC

I remember when a friend got a brand new 2012 GT and brough it ove for a test session. Evem with just 10 miles on the clock you could absolutly not in any way shift into second at a higher RPM. Locked you out every time.

I thought that day that it was junk.

The 2012 we bought would pop out of gear randomly and then you couldn't get it into any gear. Happened when I tried making a left turn in traffic and we ditched it. It also had several other transmission issues. It was a POS.

Our 2017 has had 0 issues during the year we have had it.

The Tremec in my Bullitt loves to lock out of gears too. So much of it is the stupid shifter engineering with the awful remote-mount shifter. I put a Blowfish Racing bracket on it and that pretty much fixed every problem I ever had with the trans.

• 2 weeks later...
Ford's 6F35 has been an unending shitshow as well. I seem to recall they lost a lawsuit over it one already. It is 100% the worst acting automatic transmission I've ever driven on any car or piece of agricultural equipment of any age. It would have been embarrassingly bad in the 1930s. In the 2010s, it's nothing other than negligent.