Portable Nitro Coffee System

Exodus

I thought I'd share my recent project. My wife and I have been slowly starting a coffee delivery business and wanted to have a portable nitro coffee and tea system to take with us.

I decided to build a nitro keg kit into an Igloo 70qt Maxcold cooler and it turned out really well.

1459a0e61884f4282d82bcc69c3ee410.jpg0934d46534481357a8766f1d520a5aae.jpg77188a8ddea629f0e21286637159615f.jpgfa0c6122087ad996e0532a000cbbe9a5.jpg

I have no idea what that is or what you intend to do but if it could deliver quality coffee to me anytime and anywhere I 100% support it.
Have you had nitro beers on tap? (I'm sure you have). Very smooth, the micro bubbles give it a much different feel, almost creamy.

Nitro coffee is very similar. If you already like the flavor, it adds a unique twist to the cup.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Have you had nitro beers on tap? (I'm sure you have). Very smooth, the micro bubbles give it a much different feel, almost creamy.

Nitro coffee is very similar. If you already like the flavor, it adds a unique twist to the cup.

I've had nitro beers but not on tap.

This is pretty cool, are you planning to have a full food license or just distribute ??

We plan on bottling 64oz Growlers and 32oz Boston Rounds with cold brew and doing free delivery in Grandview/UA since that's where we are at, but we will also try and do events like farmers markets and bring the nitro system with us. I wanted an all in one system instead of lugging around kegs and tanks with a jockey box.

Yes! It is very smooth and I think makes Cold Brew Coffee so much better.

is your tank just nitrogen? where did you get it filled? where did you find a ball lock keg that small?

Yep, that is 22 cu ft aluminum nitrogen tank that Geer Gas filled with pure food grade nitrogen (we prefer pure nitrogen over beer gas). Also got the 3 gallon corny from beverage elements.

https://beveragelements.com/beverage_elements_shop/kegs/new-ball-lock-kegs/3-gallon-ball-lock-keg-single-handle-new-aeb/

Also installed the infusion keg lid that takes the nitrogen and pumps it directly to the bottom of the keg. So far so good. No need to shake or roll the keg.

We plan on bottling 64oz Growlers and 32oz Boston Rounds with cold brew and doing free delivery in Grandview/UA since that's where we are at, but we will also try and do events like farmers markets and bring the nitro system with us. I wanted an all in one system instead of lugging around kegs and tanks with a jockey box.

cool I ask because I talked with someone who distributed coffee at farmers market and correct me if I am wrong but if you actually brew it or any form of making it on site you have to have a food license but if you are just pouring it say from a keg then you are now just distributing and don't need one

pretty cool will def have to come try some

cool I ask because I talked with someone who distributed coffee at farmers market and correct me if I am wrong but if you actually brew it or any form of making it on site you have to have a food license but if you are just pouring it say from a keg then you are now just distributing and don't need one

Yep, that is a little complicated, to bottle and sell the growlers online and deliver, or wholesale cold brew at a cafe, a license and inspection is required though the department of agriculture.

However if we want to brew cold brew at one location and dispense at a farmers market or something like that, then a license is required though the local health department.

The taxation is also complicated, according to the department of taxation, if I put sugar in your drink for you I have to charge tax, but if I don't and let you put it in yourself, no tax. Makes my head spin trying to figure all this out lol