Pole Barn builders?

Geeesammy

Looking to see if anyone has any pole barn builders/if they have built themselves.

Long story short, I am "retiring" from wrenching professionally, but the field I'm going into I'll be off 2-4 months a year and plan on doing some builds/car flipping and side work out of it. I've essentially got the equipment most shops have within reason as well as a filled Snap On box, i'd find it pointless to not capitalize on this.

Not set on sizes, leaning to 40x60 but mainly looking for a company willing/able to do a great job and willing to work in the greater Springfield area.

If you've built give me some inspiration! Looking for 2 bay doors/2 bays, and another area to throw a gym and man cave in with a loft for storage. 16' ceilings.

I'm ordering a prefab steel building in the next few weeks myself. I've talked to bigbuildingsdirect.com and got a quote for a 30x40 with two roll up doors. Very good price and I can't get anyone else to follow up with me. I'm on the coast in South Carolina so I have hurricane wind loads that make a traditional pole building a bit more complicated to get past the code dept in my county.

Used Yoder Brothers builders for my steel 24 x 32 x 12. Slow to start and would not pull a building permit for Franklin county (I had to). Unbelievable one day and it was up (Minus doors and concrete) and done well like most Amish jobs. Doors came in later and they would have done the concrete, but had a guy we used when the house was built (Good luck w/him). Also highly suggest the taller ceilings as dad gave me his old canoe with 30 dollar Amazon kayak/canoe hoist I still have 9+ feet up clearance (Out of the way). Also hope to get back to wrenching sometime and may source some sort of lift.

I have two pole barns. My car shop is a 36x56x24 that I had the Amish build the shell. This was built 23 years ago. I poured the concrete, installed the water, electric, insulation, the second floor and finished the walls. At the time, the shell was $13k and very nice quality. The lumber and metal came from Kiem Lumber. I can’t remember the crew that built it, but they where done in 4 days.

Many years later, I built a 30x40X24 agricultural barn. Interesting that the kit was $15k from 64 Metals from Saint Louisville. It was a good quality kit and the company has rebrand themselves as Lifespan Building Systems. They provide a class on pole building or they can help you find a contractor to do it for you. I built my with my dad and some friends. I used it for livestock and planning to repurpose it next year.

• 2 weeks later...
Used Yoder Brothers builders for my steel 24 x 32 x 12. Slow to start and would not pull a building permit for Franklin county (I had to). Unbelievable one day and it was up (Minus doors and concrete) and done well like most Amish jobs. Doors came in later and they would have done the concrete, but had a guy we used when the house was built (Good luck w/him). Also highly suggest the taller ceilings as dad gave me his old canoe with 30 dollar Amazon kayak/canoe hoist I still have 9+ feet up clearance (Out of the way). Also hope to get back to wrenching sometime and may source some sort of lift.

I second this... I had Amish build mine and have no complaints... as a matter of fact they are coming out to put a roof over my deck next month... They by far are the cheapest unless you want to sit outside of Home Depot and look for illegals to do the work.