Shooting a g17 vs a g19

Mace1647545504

I had a g19 and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it.

Promptly sold it

But when I asked someone on here they said I was holding it wrong..wtf..I've held and shot a lot of handguns but maybe that was the problem..as I said it's long gone

Also i had a g32 which i purchased from jelloman and it shoots a ton

So I've wanted a g17 but have never shot one and wondered if they shoot like a 19 or do they shoot like something normal?

Thanks

mace

Basics aren't an issue..I've shot several other platforms (1911s, sigs, rugers, etc) and shot them well. But the 19 just sucked and it wasn't just me but someone else I took couldn't shoot it as well.

I learned to shoot on 1911 or similar grip angle guns. I owned a Glock 17 for a short time and sold it because of the grip angle. I can be as accurate with it as any other gun, it just takes me longer to reset after each shot than something similar to a 1911.

If I had some burning reason I needed to use the Glock I could have learned to use it equally as well. It was less work just to sell it. (and I made a few bucks actually)

I used to have a 19. I might be partial because it was my first gun, but I LOVED how it felt in the hand. And I thought I liked shooting it. That was until I got my second gun, a S&W M&P Shield 9mm. Even smaller and shorter barrel than the 19. I had much tighter groupings with the S&W. Make take a look at a similar gun from a manufacturer you know you shoot well? That's my thought process behind wanting the M&P 2.0 Compact.

For the most part, it's almost never the gun, but the shooter. There have been many times people have brought a gun to me and said there was an issue with it. I watch them shoot and see somethings that could be the issue. Then I shoot the gun and am effective on target with it. Most issues with a handgun are fixed with 500 rounds of "training" with the gun. From what I see, many people go shoot guns, and are upset it's not amazing from the start. I hated Glock's for damn near 10 years. It wasn't them, it was me. When I decided to train with a G19, it was a little different in small things. There are going to be some guns you just don't like. But that's you not liking it. The gun is probably fine for someone else. XDS guns are like that for me. Nothing wrong with them, just not what I like.

Want to shoot one? PM me and you can try both side by side. Not much difference but I am always down for a range trip.

I just might take you up on the offer. It will be a few weeks as I've had a cast on for almost 2 months and have net walked in that time. I'm getting it off this week and we'll see how pt goes.

Thank you very much for the offer.

I just might take you up on the offer. It will be a few weeks as I've had a cast on for almost 2 months and have net walked in that time. I'm getting it off this week and we'll see how pt goes.

Thank you very much for the offer.

Sounds good.